I think my sig and name is cursed!!!

As some know I just recently bought my stang and well I thought I was doin ok for payin 3500 for a car with 70k on the odometer and carfax. Then I took it to a mechanic here to fix a small gas leak that seemed to be landing on top of the intake manifold. I also wanted them to give a full run through of the whole vehicle of its needs. I just figured I'd share the list here so I can get it out of my system without goin ape**** :p.

1. Replace #5 injector and replace o rings on other 7
2. upper intake (plenum) gasket
3. Drain and refill cooling system
4. Replace oil pan gasket
5. Replace both valve cover gaskets
6. Upper intake gasket
7. Replace front pump seal,gasket and o-ring on transmission
8. Replace manual shift shaft seal
9. Replace pan gasket and filter
10. Replace rack and pinion assembly
11. inner tie rod ends worn out
12. Replace battery cables
13. Change plugs air filter and fuel filter
14. Trunk lid latch replacement
15. passenger side door lock actuator
16. A/C needs charged and replace cycling switch
17. oil sending pigtail unit for oil pressure gauge needs replaced.
18. Replace heater core
19. Brakes need to be replaced
20. Tires worn
21. Needs new shocks and springs
22. All window seals need replaced

I guess its not so bad after typing it in and not putting prices on the side :p . Rougly 2100 dollars worth of work and parts for them to do it all except 19-22 that wasn't included but I know it needs to be done. I'm no mechanic by no means I do electrical for a living. I have the basic knowledge and enough sense to put it back together the way I took it apart for most items. I guess this is what happens when you buy a car that has sat for a while somewhere seals go dry and erode. Oh well I just needed a place to whine and shoulder to cry on couldnt find a better place to do it and make a near useless thread unless it makes someone else feel better that they dont have this amount of work on their hands :p.

• Sponsors (?)

That's just about right. I bought my '88 GT vert for about the same price and had about the same list. I did almost all of the work myself however so it didn't cost that much.

As a rule of thumb, whenever I buy a used vehicle, I will go through all of the systems (starting with the brakes) and replace worn out items.

I have a 331 stroker waiting to drop into my '88 GT in about a month, which will finish out my list of things to fix :D

Don't be discouraged, that list isn't all that bad and you'll really enjoy the car and the reliability once you've got her all fixed up.

Ya basically what I've trusted my mechanic to do, go through it and lemme know how bad it is. Sux I had 2 grand left in my budget and I was hopin to have half for mods. Looks like I'll be rollin on turbine rims for a while and no radio doh! I still love the car though better than the supercoupe I had I know that much :p.