I think theres something wrong with me

smokin joe

Founding Member
Sep 30, 2000
Dallas,TX
I think that i am suffering from MBS (mustang buying syndrome). I recently bought an 88 gt t-top 5.0 auto. This makes three mustangs and my DD altima.

It is a complete car. It will start if you spray carb cleaner in the throttle body. It smokes like a mosquito fogger when running. I don't even want to talk about the wheels. The interior was originally red, but the dash has been poorly painted black and gray (why mask it when you can just shoot it). The rest of the interior is two shades of gray.

So, tell me do you think there is something wrong with me or is this normal?

• Sponsors (?)

I think that i am suffering from MBS (mustang buying syndrome). I recently bought an 88 gt t-top 5.0 auto. This makes three mustangs and my DD altima.

It is a complete car. It will start if you spray carb cleaner in the throttle body. It smokes like a mosquito fogger when running. I don't even want to talk about the wheels. The interior was originally red, but the dash has been poorly painted black and gray (why mask it when you can just shoot it). The rest of the interior is two shades of gray.

So, tell me do you think there is something wrong with me or is this normal?
I know how you feel I have 5 mustangs a 04 turbo pt cruiser and a 96 explorer with the gt 40 p motor:D

I had 3 Mustangs in the summer of 2008. I had a 2-1/2 car garage full. When I sold two, I was the happiest guy in the world. All this summer of 2009, I loved having my garage back...........

until now. I just brought home a 95 GT vert, and I just paid for my next project this morning, so come spring I am going to have 3 again....dammit! The 95 GT should sell quick though. That's a plus.

I currently have 3 stangs and my 04 ranger dd. If you count my brother's and my uncle's that number jumps up to 13 (uncle has 9, 6 are drivers). There's only something wrong with you if you keep buying them and can't pay your phone bill :)

i got a fox and a jeep for a dd. when i get out of school im sellin the jeep, getting an f150 then letting my life get squared away then im pretty positive im gonna pick up a termi or a 96-98 cobra and pay for it pretty quick on payments. i want to have a nice truck, a nice fox a nice mod motor car, then either a car to dd, or a beater truck to wheel the hell out of (in which case id drive the nice truck each day). so i can see myself having 2 real soon but in the long run hope to have 3 or 4. my fox, either of the cobras, an old carbed t-top 86 and a real fast black lx hatch aero.

Welcome, I have six Mustangs, one Capri and two Turbo Coupes. Also a 66 Malibu.

To answer the question, you should be considered completely normal, and commended for your excellence in automotive tastes.