I think we all got raped : (`

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfischer said:
Dealers simply don't use KBB for valuing your trade-in anyway - especially on a new car like this. It doesn't matter one iota if the 2005's are in KBB or not - it won't affect his trade value in the least.

The car's worth what it's worth to the dealer - regardless of what KBB or NADA say it's worth. They'll only offer him an amount in trade which they feel they can then make a few grand reselling it quickly.

Just because you don't see one on the salesmans desk doesn't mean that there isn't one on the sales managers desk... or Karpower software on one or more computers in the dealership.

• Sponsors (?)

jfischer said:
They'll only offer him an amount in trade which they feel they can then make a few grand reselling it quickly.

Errrrrrrrr, no.

They may pay him an amount the dealer can quickly wholesale the vehicle for (no loss to the dealer) They may pay him, somewhat less then they can resale it for,, in order to complete the deal of an otherwise hard to move new car (no,, not a Mustang...but the point is valid) Or they may pay him more then the car is worth on the current market and roll that extra amount over to the new loan (as others have said in this thread). Or that may do something between any of the options above. There are a ton of options open to a dealer to make a sale.. Just depends on two things,,,or a combo of both. How bad the dealer wants to move the new car.. How bad the Buyer wants the new car.

$27,000 for a measley V6? Sounds like someone had a bad case of the G.H.I.N.S. (Gotta Have It Now Syndrome). You made one salesman a very happy man.

I got my GT for $1,650 under MSRP.

Go for a private party sale. Do some research and market to areas where '05s are sparse or rare. That's your best shot at recouping some of your loss. Basically, you're going to have to try and gouge someone about as badly as you were gouged.

The more I read these threads, the more protective I become over my GT, lol.

GTs are definately holding their value. I saw 3 new GT's at a dealership Saturday (Coupes were 29,900 and 30,100 and Vert was 35,500). Then, over in the used car section there was a used GT Coupe with 1500 miles on it for 30,500. The used car was more than the new car. The only difference was the used car had the Skanker 1000. Go figure.

why do some people feel the need to come and post how "good of a deal" you got, i could give a crap if you paid under, over or at said price!!!

and why do some also love to throw out terms like "its just a v-6" or a "measley v-6"???? down here in palm beach county the v-6s go fast, rarely sitting on the dealers lot than 2 weeks....

i also think you all should stop flaming the gut for what he paid!!! get off your high freakin' horses already!!!!

Someone would have to REALLY want a Mustang V6 to pay $27k for it. So if that someone REALLY wanted it, why would he be looking to get rid of it 2 months later? Bottom line is, he's not getting rid of it unless he's ready to lose his ass.

hahaha oh my god. 27k for a v6 Mustang. I love how Ford changes the body style (to an uglier version IMO) and all of a sudden people will pay 8k more for a car. They are charging for GTs what you can get an 03/04 cobra for. Its SICK. I dont understand why people buy these cars.

Youre getting totally ****ed over with those trade in numbers as well. Id say youre stuck with the car unless you put down a tremendous down payment.

jfischer said:
Dealers simply don't use KBB for valuing your trade-in anyway - especially on a new car like this. It doesn't matter one iota if the 2005's are in KBB or not - it won't affect his trade value in the least.

The car's worth what it's worth to the dealer - regardless of what KBB or NADA say it's worth. They'll only offer him an amount in trade which they feel they can then make a few grand reselling it quickly.

dealers do use the kbb as a guide, along with recent auction activity. but realize that a used car will NEVER be worth more than kbb because that is what lenders use as their guide to lend money on the car. most use wholesale blue book but a few will use retail. when a car isn't in the kbb then the lenders will generally use 85% of invoice depending upon the miles on the car. because so few people actually pay cash for a car or put down large downpayment, you won't find any smart dealers that own any car over wholesale blue book, especially a new/used car without much curb appeal like a V6 mustang.

pushrod power said:
dealers do use the kbb as a guide, along with recent auction activity. but realize that a used car will NEVER be worth more than kbb because that is what lenders use as their guide to lend money on the car. most use wholesale blue book but a few will use retail. when a car isn't in the kbb then the lenders will generally use 85% of invoice depending upon the miles on the car. because so few people actually pay cash for a car or put down large downpayment, you won't find any smart dealers that own any car over wholesale blue book, especially a new/used car without much curb appeal like a V6 mustang.

He Nailed it!!! "Curb Appeal"!!

The Mustang V6 sitting on a curb with nice wheels and healthy tires, can bring in just as much foot traffic a GT can.. You can laugh at the power of a V6 if you own a GT.. You can point out you have some nice fog lights.. But when it all boils down, Joe Blow's mamma doesnt give a damn about whether its a V6 or a V8.. "That is a stone cold Mustang" the old lady said. "It makes me feel young and sexy all over again", she whispered.. "Where do I sign?" Grandpa responded.. "On the dotted line"!! the salesman replied!!

So bottom line is, its a Mustang.. Did you know that there are people who think fast cars are dangerous? They would never consider buying a GT.. Like Leroy's daddy!! He used to race cars when he was a teenager.. Now he walks with an ominous gape.. So he will be buying Leroy the V6 for his 16th Birthday, and not the GT..

People who love the GT's like most of us love it for its power.. Most Mustang lover's, love the car because its a Mustang..

whitepony03 said:
hahaha oh my god. 27k for a v6 Mustang. I love how Ford changes the body style (to an uglier version IMO) and all of a sudden people will pay 8k more for a car. They are charging for GTs what you can get an 03/04 cobra for. Its SICK. I dont understand why people buy these cars.

Youre getting totally ****ed over with those trade in numbers as well. Id say youre stuck with the car unless you put down a tremendous down payment.

I'm sure your laughing & insults helped the guy. :notnice:

lol, this stickers was somewhere around 23-24 if i remember correctly, of course like everyone says it depends on where you live, here the gt's have a sticker of 31-32k (salesmen told me 40k for a gt) not sure if that sounds normal to anyone but thats what they are, i'm replacing my motor in my gs-t and will be driving that again, i wasn't too enthusiastic to pay much, much more for a car that has an aditional 2 cylinders and only does a second quicker in the 1/4 stock :notnice: like the looks of the mustang just not the performance aspects of it too much, thats why if the other car i get is a v8 it will be a 5.7l or something similar, I just went for the mustang because I already have a fast car fwd or not ;) still does a 12.3 1/4 Http://hometown.aol.com/robertgst/car.html :owned:

I'm sure your laughing & insults helped the guy

Seriously, most of the import message boards i've been on have mostly helped me or offered advice, i've never seen someone insulted for being ripped off by a dealership (like its never happened before) thanx for the people who actually had some valuable opinions and for the rest well keep on laming <- not a typo . I haven't been made fun of since third or fourth grade :jester: , just shows how some people grow up and others just dont. Most people that flame online are just nobodys that people don't listen to in real life so they let out thier anger online. :nono:

robert_gstv6 said:
lol, this stickers was somewhere around 23-24 if i remember correctly, of course like everyone says it depends on where you live, here the gt's have a sticker of 31-32k (salesmen told me 40k for a gt) not sure if that sounds normal to anyone but thats what they are, i'm replacing my motor in my gs-t and will be driving that again, i wasn't too enthusiastic to pay much, much more for a car that has an aditional 2 cylinders and only does a second quicker in the 1/4 stock :notnice: like the looks of the mustang just not the performance aspects of it too much, thats why if the other car i get is a v8 it will be a 5.7l or something similar, I just went for the mustang because I already have a fast car fwd or not ;) still does a 12.3 1/4 Http://hometown.aol.com/robertgst/car.html :owned:

This quote here, has been ignored by the entire community..

only does a second quicker in the 1/4 stock

Guys that make fun or insult 05 V6 Mustang owners, have a real hard time dealing with this subject... They want to believe that this reality does not exist... But this is the reality, that GT owners with 400+ RWHP understand, and its rare to see one of these guys insult 05 V6 owners..

But it is a pill that must be shoved down the throat of some GT owners.. They must eat that statement..LOL!!

Admitting that the 05 V6 stock is a worthy opponent to a GT, is something most try and ignore.. For the most part, we let them..

ak_sn8k01 said:
I'm sure your laughing & insults helped the guy. :notnice:

Im laughing because its funny what Ford gets away with. Sucks for the guy but I cant have much sympathy for anybody who buys a Mustang V6 with little to no down payment and expects to come out on top ever, let alone a short period after buying. Thats just common sense right there.

whitepony03 said:
Im laughing because its funny what Ford gets away with. Sucks for the guy but I cant have much sympathy for anybody who buys a Mustang V6 with little to no down payment and expects to come out on top ever, let alone a short period after buying. Thats just common sense right there.

I sure agree with ya on that count. :nice:

whitepony03 said:

I am leaning more toward, I dont want him to go through this regret phase... But in a sense, in this lifetime, for a contract that is valued at 27G's for me it would have to be a GT.. But I dont know what happend or took place.. In a way, I need to understand what finance company would actually allow this type of deal.. I can say, he must have more than excellent credit, for the finance company to agree to the terms of 27G's and a V6.. So to his credit, he is most likley a future GT500 owner.. So under those circumstances, be nice to him now while you have a chance.. Once he post pics of his GT500 at some point in the future, you will regret not showing some type of dignity for his situation..

MSP said:
I am leaning more toward, I dont want him to go through this regret phase... But in a sense, in this lifetime, for a contract that is valued at 27G's for me it would have to be a GT.. But I dont know what happend or took place.. In a way, I need to understand what finance company would actually allow this type of deal.. I can say, he must have more than excellent credit, for the finance company to agree to the terms of 27G's and a V6.. So to his credit, he is most likley a future GT500 owner.. So under those circumstances, be nice to him now while you have a chance.. Once he post pics of his GT500 at some point in the future, you will regret not showing some type of dignity for his situation..

are you on drugs? You read all this and get out of it that he must have good credit and be rich....? I get out of it he got too excited and overpaid for a V6 Mustang. People with money are smarter with it. That car isnt worth 27k and he found that out the hard way. If he had money he would have put a down payment, or paid flat out. You dont need superb credit to buy a new car, banks love to make money, and if its a new car and thats what its selling for, banks will finance, especially banks that work directly with dealerships. They will all buy GT500's off what they make off this guy.

No offense to original guy...I empathise for your situation. I paid a little too much for my 03 V6 brand new, and my excuse is that I had 3 dealerships search for the exact car I wanted and they all came up with 1 car that was at a dealership 2 states away, so I said go get it. And I didnt get a super deal, but I also put down 9k so that when I traded it in on a GT, it was taken care of.

Theres nothing to this story other than somebody being taken advantage of. I like to be real sure about something before I spend close to 30k. Cant blame him for wanting a GT, think it happens to most v6 buyers who like speed....but can blame him for financing that much on a v6 Mustang.

MSP said:
Admitting that the 05 V6 stock is a worthy opponent to a GT, is something most try and ignore.. For the most part, we let them..

I second, are you on drugs?

I dont know the exact numbers on the 05s...I know the 99-04 stock v6 will run a high 15-mid 16. GTs will run a high 13-mid 14.

Thats a 2 second difference. The 05 probably isnt that different. If you have a stock v6 giving a GT any trouble at all then the driver of the GT shouldnt be driving the car. Point Blank!

You can mod a v6 but dollar for dollar youll never catch up and itll never be a v8.

kevins05v-6 said:
why do some people feel the need to come and post how "good of a deal" you got, i could give a crap if you paid under, over or at said price!!!

and why do some also love to throw out terms like "its just a v-6" or a "measley v-6"???? down here in palm beach county the v-6s go fast, rarely sitting on the dealers lot than 2 weeks....

i also think you all should stop flaming the gut for what he paid!!! get off your high freakin' horses already!!!!

Kevin, first off, you're completely misreading what I posted. I have absolutely nothing against V6 Muustang owners. It's what they can afford and I fault no man for owning a car that they can afford. I called the V6 "measley" because, AT THAT PRICE, a V6 IS measley! It's the price of an '05 GT!!! For instance, if someone paid $40,000 for a Mustang GT, I would call a GT measley compensation for $40,000! So yes, for $27,000, I would consider a V6 measley. I don't care if they put dual exhausts and stripes plated in gold on the bastard. It's still gouging and anyone who bought it obviously did no research on price or can't control their emotions.

Buying a car is the second-most important financial decision of one's life. For whatever reason (immaturity, no emotional control, psychological problems, etc), this guy didn't take that decision seriously, and now he's probably going to pay for it dearly.

I DID give the man sound advice. Reread my post and try to see past the measley V6 comment this time. I told him to go the private party sale route and market to areas where Mustangs are sparse or rare. I told him he would have try and gouge someone about as badly as he was gouged if he hoped to come close to recouping his money. That was advice he (and you) may not want to hear, but it's about the only way he's going to make his money back.

I posted my deal to try to get him to realize that YES, you CAN get a deal on a Mustang GT, and there are much less GTs around than V6s. You'll be able to get even better deals when the '06 GTs saturate the markets. You just need some PATIENCE! Patience is the only effective antibiotic against that disease cars salesman love - G.H.I.N.S. (Gotta Have It Now Syndrome). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.