I thought MagnaPacks are Loud !?!?! ummmm no

• Sponsors (?)

I believe it could be the prochamber, because I've always had some sort of catted-x with mine and they were loud, they're kinda tame at idle but with any type of throttle they're loud and at WOT they scream. Unless I'm at a light or stopped somehwere I basically can't talk on the phone or listen to music. SLP LT/SLP Catted X/Magnaflow Magnapack C/B.

They are much louder on the outside, the flowmasters give more "drone" on the inside of the car. This is from cars I have ridden in and seen on the street.

But how about this. I'll show up at your house, drive your car in front of your house and you can enjoy the exhaust sound as I drive your car away to my house. :nice: :D

No but seriously, you have to hear it from the outside to appreciate the loudness.

I reaalllllly want someone who can drive stick drive the thing for me but my friends out here don't...... :eek: They sit behind they're cute little paddle shift cars and think they can drive :shrug:

I have some friends that drive out from other areas, I just have to wait a sec

I had packs paired up to a prochamber and they were loud. My mechanic put a decibel reader thingy up to them at 4k RPMs and they were 128dB's, if I recall correctly. If my dad was driving my car (and he drove very conservatively) I could hear it long before I could see it.

I've been running Magnapacks and a Mac O/R X pipe for ~2 years now, and it is ridiculous. I've become somewhat adjusted to daily loud exhaust since my DD is a 03 King Ranch F-150 with a O/R H-Pipe and Flowmaster 40's.

If I were to reflect upon both vehicles, I'd say the truck (5.4L) may be just a smidgeon quieter than the Mustang, albeit a much harsher sound from the chambered mufflers. The Mustang, on the other hand is a touch louder however it is smoother due to the X-pipe. Perhaps this could be the variance in what you're hearing?

Depends what you`re used to. I have the packs (15673s) and they`re the business. In the car normal driving they`re actually quiet. Open it up and you can hear it. I`m going o/r H pipe soon though. Its not a DD so f#ck it.
I didn`t buy a Mustang to go incognito.

Found an old vid of my car revving for comparison. This is regular Magnaflows, with Magnaflow catted X and BBK shorties. It actually sounds much better under load, but I only have this crappy vid of it parked right now.
Compared to my neighbors car that has flowmasters and an H this setup has way more bass and is very smooth sounding rather than gargling. It doesnt have that american truck sound at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AkK6haSI9w

i have maganpacks and the reason i love them is they arnt very loud at idle, so you dont get a really annoying drone when your on the highway. But they are loud as hell as soon as you put your foot down even a little. Iv had 1 guy move out because he thought my car was too loud and i try to be nice and quiet when in the neighborhood. My gf can hear me coming home when im 4 blocks away. I have the stock mid pipe too.

I think its louder than you realize. You certainly need someone to drive it for you while you listen.
I was the same way when I fitted my stingers. Test drive I was quite unhappy, they opened up a little over a few weeks but I had no idea how loud until I let my friend take it for a spin. I let him take it again after the MRT-H was fitted. Understood why neighbours complained. Its a window shaker for sure. Its the low tone I wanted.
Once your friend drives I'm sure you'll be happier.

This thread reminds me of the first time I drove my car after installing a MAC o/r h-pipe and a MAC cat-back. Jesus Christ it was loud, lol. When I bought my car it had the factory mid-pipe and the previous owner had welded in glass packs :rolleyes:, so after installing the full exhaust the sound was just incredible!!!