i tried that new turtle wax ICE!

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
today i tried a new combo on the gt. first i wanted to try to remove some swirl marks so i picked up the car nu swirl remover which i heard on here was good. that seemed to work ok.

then i covered that up with a coat of the new ice stuff. i didnt do the whole car yet so im not totally sure what to make of it yet as far as shine or protection.

i will say the idea and applying and removing this stuff is awsome. goes on and off super easy. the no white residue is awsome. this stuff also easily dissolved any white residue left over frome old waxings.

i did it in the garage so i cant tell shine yet but that is also because my car cant be shined much more then it is already. so if it can keep up the shine, its a winner. so easy to use its unbelievable. not a fan of turtle wax products but this might be a home run for them. try it out.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you ever used Meguiars NXT? Reason I ask is because I'd like to know which of the two is better. I have been using NXT and it's some good stuff. The guy at autozone (actually a smart guy) told me that the ICE is kickass stuff as well....

Got Pix?

yes i have used the nxt tec wax. ive used zaino, nxt, mothers reflections, and meguires 3 step....and others.

the nxt is good and smells good. i like the ice better as far as applying. as far as shine i have to finish the car first and pull it out of the garage to really tell. i will let you guys know and try to take some pix.

what i think is real good is the ice's ability to disolve the old wax and wipe off clear. you know how with any traditional waxes somtimes you might miss a spot and notice it later. you try to wipe off the little white dots or spota and its hard as hell to get off.

well this takes that away, it is not possible to leave any white residue. i think i will be sticking with this for a while.

I just got done using it 30 minutes ago. The ease of application and removal is sweet, but like others have said I question is longevity. If you notice nowhere on the box is it called a wax of any kind. It seems like a good quick polish for use in between real wax/buff/detail jobs, but I dont know that I'd use it as my main wax/polish. Car looks good, but nothing spectacular. Now, thats not taking away from the ICE bc I havent waxed the car in......a long time :). And its been sitting outside having not been moved or washed for weeks since I was out of town. It did a real nice job considering how little effort was required on my part.

All in all Im pleased with it.

helty said:
I just got done using it 30 minutes ago. The ease of application and removal is sweet, but like others have said I question is longevity. If you notice nowhere on the box is it called a wax of any kind. It seems like a good quick polish for use in between real wax/buff/detail jobs, but I dont know that I'd use it as my main wax/polish. Car looks good, but nothing spectacular. Now, thats not taking away from the ICE bc I havent waxed the car in......a long time :). And its been sitting outside having not been moved or washed for weeks since I was out of town. It did a real nice job considering how little effort was required on my part.

All in all Im pleased with it.

pics!!!

:worthlesb

Lol. I used the Turtle Wax Platinum paste last time around, and I am now a fan of TW lol. Before it was all Simonize, I really grew to hate that stuff... hard as hell to get a good shine on.

clean2small.jpg

well i finished applying to the whole car. i also wonder about the ice's protection abilities because it is so thin. i dont worry about the longevity because i could throu on ten coats in the time i could do one of another wax,

the car looks just as good and shiny as when a different wax is used.

i will get some pics soon but my girl has my camera.

i think i will use it as my main wax bu once in a while throw on a coat of some strong carnuba stuff.

Here's a pic I took yetserday at the car show. I only put one quick coat on the car after washing it at a car wash (stfu) bc I was in a hurry. I didnt do the bumper bc I had some stubborn bugs on it that wouldnt come off. On top of that, the car hasnt been thoroughly waxed for quite a long time. Overall I think it works pretty well considering how long its been since my cars seen a coat of wax.

9b724761.jpg

Attachments

• 9b724761.jpg
    9b724761.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 89
While we're at it, has anyone tried the DuPont teflon wax that's also pretty new? I am really impressed with it. So much so that I actually stopped using Meguiar's yellow wax in favor of the DuPont; it lasts forever, even in Monterey mist and such.

I'll have to try the ICE, but like so many here, Turtle Wax isn't on my list of favorite companies.