i wanna dress up my engine badly!!

o3redfire said:
you can go to www.kennebell.net and they have a pricing page,go with the 9lb intercooled and you won't need anything else. valve covers like $499.00, I have a forged block, but you wouldn't need that. canton radiator tank, $340.00, misc polished aluminum, $120.00, just come up with a plan and you hopefully you won't have to buy things twice. thanks for the compliments, and Dan I love your car, the engine looks awesome-it always reminds me of my 03 cobra (sold), same color :bang: :bang:
why'd go take a step backwards if you don't mind me asking?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

well, I was missing the fact that I didn't have a vert, also, I liked the looks of the gt's better,(particularly the saleen body kit ones), and I didn't want to mod the hect out of the exterior of the cobra, it was a cobra!, for gods sake! Also there are a lot of cobras in my area, add to that I had the driver's side head swapped once and had just had the car in for a very loud ticking that they could not fix, "SVT knew about the problem but did not have a fix" I mean it was too loud to drive IMO. I was really pissed off so I made the dealer give me my money back and bought my vert. I just won a best of show about 4 weeks ago in VA at the potomac mills hooters, and there were plenty of 03 04 cobras there...I think people in general like the looks of the gt's better, (my opinion), and I kind of felt that way when I had my cobra....Every now and then I like the looks of the cobras better, I guess you always want what you don't have....plus I found that a lot of the fastest cobras were switching to live axles and autos, so I thought I would start out with that. I have only taken this car down the 1/4 mile once and it blew my engine, but it was only one tenth of a second slower than my 470 rwhp cobra, the auto is soo much easier at the track. OK, I still regret trading in the cobra sometimes!!! Awesome car, Dan!
I also found that the cobra guys thought they were better than everyone else and I didn't like that, it is just a modified mustang, and the mods i have been making are a lot better than fords, or SVT's, most of the cobra guys are replacing everything anyway why pay for it twice!!!

Here is my Vortech'd GT from last summer. There are several changes for this season including more eye candy to polish, but I do not have all of the installs completed. For now, this will have to do.

DSC02424-vi.jpg

DSC02341-vi.jpg

More to come in a few weeks to round out the areas in need. :)
~Darren

Attachments

• DSC02424-vi.jpg
    DSC02424-vi.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02341-vi.jpg
    DSC02341-vi.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 51
Crzyhrse said:
I got mine from redlinetuning.com . They cost $110 I think. Their the "Elite" ones. Four year guarantee. You'll need to drill afew holes and need a rivot gun. Their's another company I can't think of off the top of my head that offers a true bolt-on hood strut. I'm sure someone else will name them. Redline also offers a couple cheaper versions. One costs $70 and the other is like $80 or something.

I did the bolt on kit...

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=625026