I want a C4

HDTony

Oct 15, 2010
Plainfield IL
still in the process of building my 65, of course at this stage I decide to make changes, which is typical cause I can never make anything easy.

where can I get a good deal, on a nice, hard shifting C-4 to bolt up to a 65 289?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a rebuilt one sitting in my garage with 3,000 miles on it complete with bell housing,torque converter, shifter & linkage, yoke, and dipstick tube. I took it out when I installed my t-5. Its just a stock c-4 but its a good transmission. Is your motor a 5 bolt or 6 bolt bellhousing?

I have a rebuilt one sitting in my garage with 3,000 miles on it complete with bell housing,torque converter, shifter & linkage, yoke, and dipstick tube. I took it out when I installed my t-5. Its just a stock c-4 but its a good transmission. Is your motor a 5 bolt or 6 bolt bellhousing?

Hmmm not sure why I never got a email alert for this, oh well. That sounds interesting, I'll check my bolt pattern when I get home.

Its a 6 bolt bellhousing. I assume that yours is a 5 bolt since you asked if mine was, I wonder if the bellhousing is the only difference between the 2? Then you could just find a 5 bolt bellhousing, and mount it up to the trans I have in my garage.