i want BLOWN 5.0's recaro's!!!

jgfiveoh

May 8, 2006
Topeka, KS
i wanted to see if anyone could help me identify these seats that BLOWN 5.0 FOX has. he said in his post that he's not sure where they came from.

i was hoping that someone could tell me the model or series so i can try and find a set. do you think they are aftermarket or OEM seats? look like aftermarket to me.

any leads on where to find a set?

anyways you guys like em or no? let me know.....oh and BLOWN 5.0, if u see this could u post up some more pics so i can drool on your seats......err...i mean pics:D

Attachments

• recaro.jpg
    recaro.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Sponsors (?)

my recaros

Thanks for the comment, To be brutally honest, I had an idea they were from an ol school v-dub actually. Search out vw gli recaro and I think you might find a set. I bought them at a swap meet and I saw the potential. While searching for bracets, I remember seeing VW with similar designs. As for brackets, I got a set of recaro universal brackets but still had to fab up some stiff mounts. Looks alot better in person and match my two tone interior perfectly (not to mention look retro 80's like they were factory). I will be doing more interior work this summer but still is halfway down on my list of things to do. I have only one more pic so enjoy.....

attachment.php

They look like the old Recaro seat, the version before the "Speed" (which is what I have on the driver side). Can't remember the name, sorry. Check out www.recaro.com and ebay, you should be able to find some. Get ready to drop cash though. Most run for 700+ per seat.

Yes thats a MM 6pt cage- I rock the 4pt for chassis stiffness when cruising. 6pt at the track.

I picked up mine for 100/pr brackets were about 100/pr as well

I can tell by the fittment. same issues mine had. i ended up having my welder cut a little off the main hoop pads and realigning it to match up with the b-pillar.

Thanks for the comment, To be brutally honest, I had an idea they were from an ol school v-dub actually. Search out vw gli recaro and I think you might find a set.

They are called Recaro LS-LX

They were found in Porsche 911s and BMW M3s of the 80s (probably a few other top end european cars). Some have the full headrest, and some were equipped with Halos. Being in these expensive sporty cars, they have probably the biggest bolsters and sides of any Recaro seat. In comparison, the Jetta GLIs Recaros do not have as big of bolsters.

It would be nearly impossible to find these exact seats for sale, but Recaro made a lot of good looking glove fitting seats in the 80s/90s. You could pick up a set from a Jetta GLI 87-92 for about $300-500. Take a look at the classifieds of these forums to possibly find a set of Recaros.

Blown 5.0, how much did you pay for these?

I bought my recaro's off ebay, $650 shipped, plus I got a steal on the recovering at $250 :D They are definitely worth the extra money, most comfortable damn seat I have ever sat in

interior.jpg

wow, they look so close to stock. I want some ha

ya that's why i want them too. that and they look 10 times more comfortable than stock. do they have the pull out leg supports like the fox's sport seats? also weren't there a few mustangs that had OE recaro's?

i might just have to see if i can find a similar shapen set and have them recovered to match

BLOWN 5.0, were the universal brackets the closest thing you could find?

thanks for all the help everyone even though this may be a somewhat dismal quest.

oh and i found a shop around here that sells recaro's and corbeau and maybe even sparco so i was gonna see if they had any leads for me.

they are definitely ls-lx's and i found a bunch for sale from japan but not much here. heres another pic for good measure

oh and u can tell it's japan seat by the subtitle...."Black and Glay"

I like flied lice!?!

wow, they look so close to stock. I want some ha

Yep that's Recaro for you. The best of the factory look, with sporty comfort. I had a pair from a Scirocco once in a Golf, the GT tweed seats might as well be in a minivan when compared to them. Corbeau and Sparco are a little to race looking for me, but I'm always aiming for a subdued sleeper look with my cars, so I'm biased.

I think, I'll have to look for a new pair, now that I see how they look in a Fox.