I want my neighbor's job

jes72mustang

Mar 31, 2005
S. Central PA
My neighbor has probably one of the coolest jobs of anyone I personally know. He for the Harrisburg PA, ABC TV News affiliate doing the consumer advocacy stories. One of the perks of his job is that he gets to write reviews of all the new cars. To do so, he gets to drive a different car about every week.

This weeks cars (pics to follow soon):

A very beautiful white on blue 2007 Shelby GT500. He has had this car since Monday, but I was finally home when he got home from work last night. I went over to chat with him a few minutes. He has promised me a ride before he has to turn this beauty back over to Ford. So I will have details of that after the fact. Also this is only the second car he has ever had that the manufacturere has made him sign legal documentation that he would not allow anyone else to drive it. (Bummer) The other cars was the Ford GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, here are the pictures I promised.

HPIM1787.jpg

HPIM1783.jpg

One stuffed engine bay

HPIM1786.jpg

Manufacturer License Plate

I finally got to go for a ride in it yesterday. What a rush. HE didn't open it up too much but enough to let me get a good feel for it's potential. Took me back some winding roads to feel the handling ability and then onto the highway to feel the speed and power, Got some great looks along the way too.