I want some more drop up front. Question

loosescrew79

Dec 18, 2004
I currently have Steeda sport springs. They are 1.25 lower then stock. The car sits level and looks OK. I have seen alot of cars where the front end is lower than the rear and I really like the look of it.

Can you guys tell me if there is anyway to lower the front a little more with out buying new springs? I'm looking for a way that is cheaper than doing the whole spring replacement, again.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I heard of people removing the isolators and have had no noise at all. :shrug: I think a few guys on this site removed them and had no noise. I guess its kinda of a 50/50 shot

Cut 1/2-3/4" of a loop off of them. You'll never notice a loss in ride quality with only that little removed and it will bring you down another 1/4-1/2"....not to mention you won’t get the "twaaaannnngg" sound associated with removing the isolators every time you hit a pot hole. If you’re going to cut them, use a cut off wheel, not a torch. Heating a set of springs will ruin them.

dont cut em.... it works for a few people, but many run in to problems doin that and regret it later.

i removed BOTH front isolators and can say that it was the one and only thing that worked for me in getting the front to lower just that little 1/4 - 1/2:" :hail2:
>>>>No noise or any extra vibration at all!! i was very pleased with the extra nearly 1/3" lower. :nice: :nice:
just be sure to wrap the ends of the spring in a little electrical tape just as an extra precaution if you dont want any noise. :nice:

isolator_compare_pic.jpg

1. x2 balljoints (can create bumpsteer problems causing you to need a bumpsteer kit)
2. remove isolators (can cause noise)
3. cut springs (not the best thing to do but it is free)
4. new springs with correct drop (best approach as you can sell you current ones)
5. coilovers (expensive but you have completely ajustable ride hieght)

I wish I knew about the electrical tape trick. I removed my bottom isolator yesterday, but barely notice a drop difference.

And cutting off the "dead coil" will not affect ride quality or the spring rate.

hognutz said:
2. remove isolators (can cause noise)
It's been 6 years without isolators, i'm still waiting for this noise people speak of

Stang|ess said:
I wish I knew about the electrical tape trick. I removed my bottom isolator yesterday, but barely notice a drop difference.
You should read my posts ;)

Stang|ess said:
And cutting off the "dead coil" will not affect ride quality or the spring rate.
Dead coils are mostly found in the rear only

loosescrew79 said:
Can I get a picture of what the isolators look like. I may want to try this myself. I definetly want to lower the front end.
6-1703-BL.jpg

dounts on the top fronts, slip ons for the bottom fronts. the rear has both top and bottom donuts

tomustang said:
Dead coils are mostly found in the rear only

I think my front is low enough, so not cutting any front coils, but I got a big gap (1.5") in the rear so I'll probably end up chopping it up. The dead coil is usually no more than 1 right?

yeah i would take off isorater. mine dropped another 1/4" or more. i know i dropped total of almost 2.1", and i have no noise issue.

But beforworned. By doing that you may no longer go over the bump you were able to go befor. I know i'm installing isorater back on soon. too low for practical driving way mine is