I want to clean up my stock engine bay.

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a KB and I removed the EGR and DPFE, which really cleaned up a lot, then I rerouted quite a bit of wiring for this I cut, soldered, and extened to get them where I wanted them to be. then installed a UPR catch can and routed the lines to the can that I located behind the pass. headlight. If your going to try it. just take a good long look and just do one thing at a time. It takes a little inginuity buttotally possible.heres mine so far.

Attachments

• IMG00035-20100305-2223.jpg
    IMG00035-20100305-2223.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 3,332
Ok, so without messing with any of that, how do I get rid of wires? I found complete wire tuck guides for my other car (02 jetta 1.8t), but nothing for mustangs. I hope someone chimes in with some info. My engine bay just looks completely cluttered

Ok, so without messing with any of that, how do I get rid of wires? I found complete wire tuck guides for my other car (02 jetta 1.8t), but nothing for mustangs. I hope someone chimes in with some info. My engine bay just looks completely cluttered

If I have time tomorrow I will post up pics of my engine , I think I have what you're looking for:nice: !

If I dont post , bump the thread and hound the **** out of me until I post them , I have a bad habbit of procrastinating !

Well, me and the fiance' worked on cleaning up my engine bay tonight, got it just about clean enough, need to get some degreaser for the block. I took a couple pics, it just still looks too cluttered with wires. I thought maybe it was just dirty and if I cleaned it I'd be more happy with it. Well, I am a little, but not completely yet. Pics...

enginebay1.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

Then we took it for a cruise and snapped some pics with her phone..
View attachment 224303

This is just my opinion, so don't take it personal.

Lose the BBK cold air they always look tacky
Lose the chrome/billett oil and rad caps
Clean the fire wall area and core support
Take care of the loose power wire dangling from the battery

Just some stuff I notice when I look at the pics.

Well I'll eventually have a polished Kenne Bell and other polished/chrome stuff under the hood anyways, so I might as well keep that stuff. The BBK intake.. Should I maybe get it powdercoated?? I will clean up the firewall tomorrow, just hard to get to stuff, really tight space. And yea I will try and hide my amp wire too. I know most people on here are against systems in a mustang but it is very nicely done, and was all free. I have 2 JL audio 12's in a Mustang box that doesnt take up much room, and a Memphis 500Watt S series amp. Sounds really clean and not too much. Still has the stock Mach 460 and all components also. I know theres other places to run some of my wires but I have no idea where to start and what to screw with and what not to.