I want to clean up my stock engine bay.

Will rattle can flat black stay on and not flake off eventually? I will switch to red couplers. Still no info on hiding wires?
You might consider using high temp paint, if you do and you use primer be sure to use hi temp primer as well.

One time I painted my rotors and used regular primer with high temp paint, fail...

I would not be too concerned about hiding wires, they are pretty much all there for a good reason. Instead you might consider just getting the engine bay really super clean.

• Sponsors (?)

You might consider using high temp paint, if you do and you use primer be sure to use hi temp primer as well.

One time I painted my rotors and used regular primer with high temp paint, fail...

I would not be too concerned about hiding wires, they are pretty much all there for a good reason. Instead you might consider just getting the engine bay really super clean.

:stupid: Damn straight, If you had some extra time, buy you a wiring diagram, and find out what those wires do, when you find out, they won't look like they are so many. An get you some hoses or wire bundle protectors!

Still working on it , the battery is going in the trunk and the power steering bottle is going to be moved over in its spot , and I want to get new fuel rails that are alittle more stream line , I completely removed all the tubing and tape from the fuel injector wires and and made it alot neater as seen in pics , I have pics of this and can post but I just have to find them !

Before and after !
stock46.jpg

46a.jpg

46f.jpg

46c.jpg

46lb.jpg

46e.jpg

classic.jpg

This is just my opinion, so don't take it personal.

Lose the BBK cold air they always look tacky
Lose the chrome/billett oil and rad caps
Clean the fire wall area and core support
Take care of the loose power wire dangling from the battery

Just some stuff I notice when I look at the pics.
I have to agree with the above. The amp wire with the exposed fuse dangling freely (with the exception of what looks like one zip tie) really brings down the overall fit and finish look of the engine bay.

I would also contend that the chrome rad/oil and bolt caps on the shock towers clash with the rest of the stock engine bay.

As far as the CAI, I would lose the BBK altogether and get yourself a JLT. They have color-match options, or you can just get the black version. BBK isn't bad quality, but JLT is better.

I would also get rid of that radiator hose and just put a stock replacement on there. Black rubber hoses + tire shine = win.

I'm just a real stickler about attention to detail. I also think a clean factory look just looks better. IMHO, when you throw a bunch of random billet/chrome pieces at your car it just ends up looking, to paraphrase most automobile publications, too busy; eg: too many things trying to work together for an overall look that just ends up clashing.

Just my opinion. I just like all of my cars to have a really clean factory look. :)

Still working on it , the battery is going in the trunk and the power steering bottle is going to be moved over in its spot , and I want to get new fuel rails that are alittle more stream line , I completely removed all the tubing and tape from the fuel injector wires and and made it alot neater as seen in pics , I have pics of this and can post but I just have to find them !

Before and after !
stock46.jpg

46a.jpg

46f.jpg

46c.jpg

46lb.jpg

46e.jpg

classic.jpg

Wow very nice. That's what I need to do.

Everthing A/C .
Block off plate for cut off A/C connectors at firewall.
EGR.
Removed all engine stickers.
Short Belt, removed pulleys from engine.
Power steering bottle bracket cut down.
Moved hood latch cable inside diverside fender.
Moved little black fuse box under CAI.
Rerouted cruise cable.
Cut down cam cover bolts.
Removed silencer from T/B to CAI .
Used dremel to clean up firewall .
Cut all bolts studs flush.
Moved wires by the pass side firewall inside the fender.
Rerouted and cleaned up fuel injector/coilpack connector wires.
Cleaned up battery wires .
Can't think of anything else !

I like where this thread is going. i would love to do something like this if i could ever find the time/knew what i was doing. IMO one of the biggest eye sores in our engine bays is the alternator location, but i doubt there is anywhere else to relocate it too lol

Everthing A/C .
Block off plate for cut off A/C connectors at firewall.
EGR.
Removed all engine stickers.
Short Belt, removed pulleys from engine.
Power steering bottle bracket cut down.
Moved hood latch cable inside diverside fender.
Moved little black fuse box under CAI.
Rerouted cruise cable.
Cut down cam cover bolts.
Removed silencer from T/B to CAI .
Used dremel to clean up firewall .
Cut all bolts studs flush.
Moved wires by the pass side firewall inside the fender.
Rerouted and cleaned up fuel injector/coilpack connector wires.
Cleaned up battery wires .
Can't think of anything else !

could you please go into more detail with this? how exactly did you cut the power steering bottle bracket? and which fuse box did you move? and which wires did you move inside the fenders? i still cant get over how big of a difference this made.

Holy ****! You've got some time on your hands no doubt! To do all that work on something that no one will ever see takes some serious dedication. Looks great!