I want to clean up my stock engine bay.

• Sponsors (?)

To do all that work on something that no one will ever see takes some serious dedication. Looks great!
I agree. It isn't a mod that I would do but I have a real appreciation for people who think like this and put this much tlc into their efforts. It's reflects how they feel about their car, others is a plus but not necessary. Nice job!

For those of us that only know enough about moving/deleting things to be dangerous, we can still keep that bay clean and polished. I use silicone on the hoses (See garage). Just don't get it on the belts and you're good. If you maintain it regularly like the exteror of your car, it's easy to keep looking nice.

I also have to pretty agree with some others here. Adding misc. flashy pieces can detract from the look as much as add to it if you're not careful. Less can be more. (and it's cheaper):)

I've cleaned up my engine bay alittle:rolleyes:
Crappy pic from my crappy phone:nonono:
fshawn50-albums-my-whips-picture6066-my-stang7.jpg

I started with the CAI setup
Then added fuelrails and changed out my fuelpress. sensor from the fuelrail to under my CAI. relocated
Cleaned up "Optima" terminals
Replaced vacuum hoses with blue ones?
I will try gettin updated pic. But i have changed out the Coolant/PowerSteering tanks with some Shiny Canton ones.:cool:

Theres also some nice aluminum power steering and coolant cans that are fairly cheap on ebay. I used an 05+ coolant res and just made some brackets for it and put it where the battery used to be. (that is a little bit of work/fabrication to make it work). I think moving the battery to the trunk is a great way to gain space and clean things up.

I had the stock p/s bracket powdercoated and it came out great and is much less of an eyesore.

also most of the wiring/fuse box can be simply unplugged and relocated to inside the fenders, just make sure to leave enough room to get the inner fender splash guards back on. just time consuming.

and the hood release to inside the fender is easy and free.

Also for the ends of the wire bundler things they sell a silicone tape that adheres to itself as you wrap it, works great and looks neat/clean.

siliconeintakes.com sells the nice vac hoses too, fairly cheap. And you can reroute most of them behind the intake and mostly out of sight. :nice:

i just moved battery into trunk , fusebox in fenderwell and moved entire wire harness ( headlights, massair , etc) into fenders. ill try to post pics. its on a 96 GT. i did all the wiring with only extending alternator wires. 3G. ill post pics.