I want to make a chin spoiler for my car, how would I do it?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
What's up guys? I was wondering if any of you had any ideas as far as mounting a chin spoiler (like on an older Boss mustang) on a Fox GT. Anyone familiar with my project knows the look I am going for. Anyway, I can't come up with anything that would work, so I'm turning to you. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Geez. I figured atleast one guy in here would have an idea. Come on... I know people fab stuff up for their cars all the time... My only idea so far was to do what BlackFox5.0 did and use a Ranger air dam, but it sits a little to far back for what I want. That is kind of a last resort.

Keep in mind it dramatically lowers your ground clearance, mine hits the ground a lot and I try to be careful, if you have a metal one made it will just get bend up, I had a metal one, that thing got trashed, it will have to be made of Stainless Steel, or Aluminum, both of which will cost a lot of money, especially if you have it fabricated

Remember, I only install one for function, not looks, if I didn't Auto-X my car I would have not installed one.

I think a chin spoiler might look kind of silly IMO; on a GT especially. It already kind of has a chin spoiler if you look at it. Maybe look at painting the lower portion of the GT bumper cover or a stalker bumper cover black to accentuate the lower lip better? Some photo-chop might be in order to see how that would actually look.