i went to the track today

jeffs89gt

Jul 18, 2005
and i ran a 14.837 @ 95.11 with a 2.340 60 foot. my car weighed more than it did last time... 3452->3488.... stupid me filled the tank up thismorning on my way to work not remembering i was goin to the track. but anyway im happy with that run. then the run after that i got a 14.891 @ 94.76 mph with a 2.350 60 foot. i think if i had 1/2 a tank of gas and take my subs out i could get into the 14.7s. im gona invest in some street slicks soon.... any recomendations?

• Sponsors (?)

E and MPH are good for what you have done to the car. I think you could get a better ET if it wasn't for that horrible 60ft. Work on traction, that is your weakest link.

For comparisons sake, my friend ran a 14.13 @ 100 with stock 2.73's on 17" street tires, mac longtubes and offroad H, flowmasters and pulleys. 14* timing as well. Full weight 90GT with a stereo out back.

Grn92LX said:
For comparisons sake, my friend ran a 14.13 @ 100 with stock 2.73's on 17" street tires, mac longtubes and offroad H, flowmasters and pulleys. 14* timing as well. Full weight 90GT with a stereo out back.

having different size rims make a difference. what size tires, what tires, and what was his 60 foot. if u remember. what was the track conditions like. when i left for the track ti was 93 outside, and kinda humid. i have the worlds worst tires. when i got my car a few weeks ago the tires were bald so my friend gave me a set from his work. they are tourign tires that came off of a station waggon... 235/60/15s.

jeffs89gt said:
having different size rims make a difference. what size tires, what tires, and what was his 60 foot. if u remember. what was the track conditions like. when i left for the track ti was 93 outside, and kinda humid. i have the worlds worst tires. when i got my car a few weeks ago the tires were bald so my friend gave me a set from his work. they are tourign tires that came off of a station waggon... 235/60/15s.

His 60's were in the 2.2 range. It wasn't hot out when he ran, it was nice weather. It was a while ago though. I wasn't trying to down you at all, just posting what my friend did with a near identicle car. I took the car for a pass, my first time ever running his car and I went 14.4 and 14.5 @ 97ish.

I took everything out of the car, jack, spare, fiberboard trunk, floormats, 1/4 tank of gas, and no washer fluid...

But one wheel peel limits my performance... and I forgot to let some air out of the tires.

2.4 60 FT.
15.2 1/4 ET
92.76 MPH

I hope that after I get gears, trac-loc rebuild, new fluid, and some DRs, that I can get into the 14s... I should already be there by now...

Henceforward said:
I took everything out of the car, jack, spare, fiberboard trunk, floormats, 1/4 tank of gas, and no washer fluid...

But one wheel peel limits my performance... and I forgot to let some air out of the tires.

2.4 60 FT.
15.2 1/4 ET
92.76 MPH

I hope that after I get gears, trac-loc rebuild, new fluid, and some DRs, that I can get into the 14s... I should already be there by now...

u could do better stock. i think u took to much weight out, or were getting bad launches. try slippin it at 1700, i had the bestluck with that. when mine was stock i got a 2.43 60 foot 14.995 @ 94.37 mph

Grn92LX said:
His 60's were in the 2.2 range. It wasn't hot out when he ran, it was nice weather. It was a while ago though. I wasn't trying to down you at all, just posting what my friend did with a near identicle car. I took the car for a pass, my first time ever running his car and I went 14.4 and 14.5 @ 97ish.

i didnt think u were tryin to down me. my problem is that i cant launch good because of my traction problem..... i need drs.... thats all there is to it

jeffs89gt said:
i didnt think u were tryin to down me. my problem is that i cant launch good because of my traction problem..... i need drs.... thats all there is to it

not necessarily, dr's kinda take some of the skill out of launching, you can still pull a 2.0 60' on crap street tires like i did, just get behind some slicked out monster, and follow his tracks, just slip till u feel it hook then get on it