IAT?

95PGTTech

Jan 28, 2008
Anyone see anything wrong with drilling a hole in a silicone coupler and putting the IAT there?:shrug:

I have no idea where to put this thing... i dont have enought intake pipe in the fender to put it there unless i cut about a 2'' section and weld a bung to it.:shrug:

thanks,
Adam

• Sponsors (?)

as long as it doesn't fall out i think it will be fine. i had mine screwed into the fenderwell for years without any problems.

Did you have it in the intake tract? or just hanging out inthe fenderwell?

Just thinking out loud, if he mounted it near the filter, not neccesarily in the tract somewhere, would that work? Its measuring intake air right, what goes in the filter should be the same as a few inches down the inlet tract...maybe?

Not trying to re-invent the wheel, just thinking out loud...maybe save drilling a hole...and, I'm gonna be making a new inlet tract soon also...

Did you have it in the intake tract? or just hanging out inthe fenderwell?

Just thinking out loud, if he mounted it near the filter, not neccesarily in the tract somewhere, would that work? Its measuring intake air right, what goes in the filter should be the same as a few inches down the inlet tract...maybe?

Not trying to re-invent the wheel, just thinking out loud...maybe save drilling a hole...and, I'm gonna be making a new inlet tract soon also...

Yup just measures the air temp in the intake. I dont see a reason why it wouldnt work unless it needs a large volume of air flowing over it.

its normally pretty close to the filter anyway...:shrug:

can't say i'm an expert, i just know thats how it came when i got the car. I've since put it into the intact track and haven't noticed a difference. I can't imagine its that much of a difference. I didn't have it hanging there, it was actually threaded through the fender well into the wheel well area.