I'd like your input please. 95 mustang

I recently picked up a 95 v6, manual trans for just under $1000. The car runs good, but I'm not interested in keeping it. I'm gonna source all the parts for my 5-lug and rear disk conversion from it (I have 2 foxes). How much does everyone think I can re-coop from the rest of the car? Sell interior, engine, trans, body panels...or put the 4-lug stuff on it and sell like that...

What does everyone think??

• Sponsors (?)

You can make a ton of money parting out a car. For starts, what condition and color is the shifter bezel? I've been in the market for one for years. If the engine is reasonably low mileage, that's $800 or so right there. It all depends on how much time and how long you can store the car for.

Kurt

Theres no way you gunna get 800 for a 17 year old V6

You got that right! When I sold the V6 out of my 99 I got like 325 or so for it. And it ran like a dream. I sold the transmission for more than the engine!

A lot of things have to be considered when figuring what you can get parting out one of these cars. Interior color is a huge deal! If it's black it'll sell fast. If it's gray it will sell ok IF it's clean. If it's tan you might as well give it away (if you can even do that, I sure can't). The fact that it's a 5 speed means you can sell the trans and related parts as a conversion kit. Even though it's a V6 tranny it's only slightly weaker than the 5.0 trans is.

People will want parts on that car that you didn't even know exist! I just let folks come and pick at my car and we wheel and deal on a stack of parts at the end. I've made lots of money doing it this way. It's good because people will come for a door or light lens and leave with a truck full of goodies! :nice:

Ok, maybe not $800, that's more like what a professional salvage network would get. I had a friend make like $2k for parting out a wrecked 91 Bmw, without selling the engine and transmission. He had a guy mail him a photo paint diagram of what part of the floor pans he wanted cut out. He sold those alone for like $600. I just paid $15 to mps for 2 little exhaust hangers.

Kurt

I'd be stoked to just have it pay for itself over the course of a year parting out. Storing it is not an issue.

Making roughly $1000 on a mustang in decent shape within a year is totally feasible. I've parted out a few of those things and the parts that have already been mentioned seemed to be the most popular in my experience as well.

I mean you're talking the engine and trans will bring roughly $400-$450 combined, and you'll still have 95% of the car left to sell.

Posted from iPhone

After further inspection I see that the missing piece is one of the attachment clip stand-offs...

Attachments

• IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 98