Ideas for replacing the rubber p/brake 'seal'?

I bought one from LRS and now that the console and old rubber are out, I'm not sure how to get the new one one. I can dremel the plastic welds and pull the ring off, then put the new rubber seal on... but does anyone have a better suggestion than using weather strip adhesive? That's about the best thing I can think of to hold the new seal and the plastic ring piece on after I cut it off. :shrug:

Scott

• Sponsors (?)

Or go to a leather boot, a la New Edge Stangs.

I thought about that, but budget limitations cramped that idea. I pulled the old rubber out, clipped the tabs I could get to, and got the retainer out. Then I cleaned it all, used weatherstrip adhesive on the rubber to plastic surfaces, and two-part quick set epoxy to bridge the openings that the factory plastic welded. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow, I left it to dry overnight.

Well, turns out the weatherstrip adhesive is pretty handy stuff! It worked great, and looks a lot better than the old, torn stocker did. On a side note, is there any way to adjust the brake assembly's location side-to-side? I tried to loosen the bolts and leverage the thing over, but I didn't gain anything. It's still hitting mostly on the driver's side of the seal, so I'm sure it will tear this one up again over time.

Thanks for the info on the re-seal. :nice:

Can't help on the lateral position of the lever though.............