Engine Identify The Part Please.

2011rustang5o

Jan 5, 2011
What is this? I put on a CAI today and found this chilling in the fender area. The wiring plugs back into the engine harness by a water sensor.
64535c637c8baf49cc0545f24927a224.jpg
a949afd51c5e464da69d4c92ee1210b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Yup. Charcoal canister. The vac line by your thumb should connect to the canister, with another line from canister going to the fuel tank. That line in your hand should run up to the front of the intake manifold and connect to vacuum

Lol. This is funny. The dude that owned this car prior was a hack. So I get no codes. How is this effecting anything? Or is it? Should I repair this junk or leave it off the car? Could this be my bucking in gear issue?

Anyone have a link that can show me how this all hooks up by the factory? Thanks for the help.

That helps vent the fuel tank. Kinda really need it. I think one of the head wrenchers on here will pop up with a link to show you how to hook it up or google tmoss. Vacume should come from the front of upper intake to the solenold in your hand to a plastic canister below the air box on the frame rail. You said you get no codes from computer. Should get a 11 to show everything is ok koeo. Learned that on here.

Well it's still plugged in electrically, so the eec sees it as functioning.

I would hook it back up. Do you have the canister? It's really simple as line from intake to canister and line to gas tank.

Wity it not connected, you have a vac leak

Oh it's highly dry rotted. No way it just fell off. Where it was in the fender area suggest it was placed there by the previous idiot owner. I have no open vacuum ports anywhere. I plan to hook this back up as it doesn't effect performance. Guess a good time would be when i swap out the trans seal.

Yes definitely hook it back up as you will need it functioning for emission test when that's due. As far as bucking, that can be tune up related, like worn or fouled spark plugs, worn cap/ rotor. The list goes on. It can also be fuel related. Check some of the recent posts as to what to check and how. One of the most important things is to check fuel pressure, and be sure yours is within specs. Moose.

For the time being, unplug the connection up near the alternator. The computer can open the solenoid then. You'll get a code 85, but won't affect how car runs.

Then you can remove it and clean it up and replace the line and then reinstall later

It's unhooked now. As far as the bucking. I'm 99% convinced it's just the life of a over cammed car. Now that emissions thing.. lol car has no cats so I have bigger issues. I think I have 2yrs until it's free of emissions testing.