Idle and Timing QUESTION

I've got a stock bottom end. Ported heads (stock) GT40 intake, and cam, alog with a few other things. Just installed motor. I did a 4cyl swap into a 93. The heads have 1.6 rockers on the intake valves and 1.72 on exhaust valves. Motor runs I fired it up tuesday night and was idling some what high. (1300-1500 rpm) I am getting ready to start trying to dial it in. Timing is advanced 10 degrees. Now when I bring the idle down she surges a little and wants to die. I am wondering if anyone had any input as to where to set my idle/timing to get a decent idle. I was thinking leave the idle high for now and retard the timing a little .. I dont know yet with the way the rockers are set up. Keep in mind I didnt build the motor and when I got it the timing was retarded tremendously and there was nitrous running to it.(no longer going to use this)

• Sponsors (?)

See the "Surging Idle Checklist” for help with all your idle/stall problems. You can guess at the problem and throw parts at it, or you can use the checklist to help you find the problem quickly and inexpensively. The checklist is right here in the Stangnet 5.0 Tech forum and you don’t have navigate to some other unknown web site. It‘s free and doesn’t cost anything: at last count there were more than 103,000 visits and still climbing

The quick and easy way to dump the codes is in there too, and all you need to do it is a paper clip! The first two posts contain all the fixes & updates. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.