Idle Surging

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by 306N/A, Jun 19, 2013.

1. 306N/A

306N/A Member

just instaled 24lb bbk maf 24lb inj 65mm bbk tb and 255 fuel pump now runs like ****??

wont find a good idle and seems to missfire.. when im running it, it stutters. any ideas??

2. 306N/A

306N/A Member

when it was running stock efi with the cobra intake few days ogo was running mint with the 362 hp 306.. thought i would upgrade the efi now runs bad..

3. jrichker

jrichker StangNet's favorite TOOL
    SN Certified Technician Founding Member

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D:

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 125,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

madspeed likes this.
  4. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard
    Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    a quick search wouldve brought up jrichkers post which if followed correctly will fix your issue