If I had kept the DECEIVER and CHEPIE, would they have looked like this?

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
I helped run the 20th Annual FORDS AT ENGLISHTOWN over the weekend. At the car show were three outstanding Classic Mustang customs.

The most incredible was the BOSS 429 powered convertible that was eerilly like the DCVER! Same trunk & taillights, interior ideas, and more. It won best classic custom.:hail2:

E-Town4.jpg

Here is the DCVER to show you the similarity! If I had kept the 68, instead of selling it in 1990, this could have been it now.....

dcver.jpg

deceiverdone400.jpg

When the car first came in, I thought the DCVER had finally re-emerged from hiding.:jaw:

THEN, this INDIAN FIRE 69 Convertible came in (it was genuine, I checked the paint code), and I was immediately missing Chepie. This one also had a deluxe intgerior. Just sharp!

E-Town3.jpg

E-Town2.jpg

Here is Chepie...

Chepsk8atkensfront.jpg

And then, this outrageous 69 ragtop came in, with the 69 Mach 1 quaters like the FOOSE car, plus air suspension and alot of custom touches came in. It placed second. A really cool car!!!

E-Town1.jpg

PAK - you chould have made youra look like that!!!

300+ cars, it was a great show.

BTW, COBRASK8 took third in the kit car class (There were three cars!!! :bang: )

Attachments

• E-Town4.jpg
    E-Town4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 109
  • dcver.jpg
    dcver.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 93
  • E-Town3.jpg
    E-Town3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 103
  • deceiverdone400.jpg
    deceiverdone400.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 108
  • E-Town2.jpg
    E-Town2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Chepsk8atkensfront.jpg
    Chepsk8atkensfront.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 98
  • E-Town1.jpg
    E-Town1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Sponsors (?)

Which forum was he posting on?

Side Note: From my conversations with him the Sportsroof quarter panels were a compromise. Based on the rendering , they intended to graft the earlier model GT500 hood onto a 69 hood frame. He mentioned that the amount of work to get this to look right was more than the customer was willing to pay for, so they opted for the quarter panels and the 351 scoop instead. When it was all said and done, he said the quarters were probably just as much, if not more, work than the hood would have been.

Which forum was he posting on?

Side Note: From my conversations with him the Sportsroof quarter panels were a compromise. Based on the rendering , they intended to graft the earlier model GT500 hood onto a 69 hood frame. He mentioned that the amount of work to get this to look right was more than the customer was willing to pay for, so they opted for the quarter panels and the 351 scoop instead. When it was all said and done, he said the quarters were probably just as much, if not more, work than the hood would have been.
Here's the forum I got the pics from
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=11914

I told him about this thread so, he'll be here checking it out soon.

69 Vert

The black 69 Vert is the second car that Steve built for me. He is a real detail guy with great ideas and vision. On top of that he is a good guy to work with. The first car he built for me was a 64 Impala that we took to the Good Guys show in Columbus Ohio. The car won the Magnificent Masterpiece award and got a photo shoot with a magazine. I was amazed at how much attention the car got, considering there were about 6,000 cars at the show. Steve was real excited about the rear quarters being a one of a kind. They were on my car and painted when the Foose Mustang aired. It was a real disappointment to both me and Steve, but if your going to think like any great builder, it might as well be Chip Foose. Anyway, the other Mustang is on the West Coast. My kids love driving in the cars and seeing the reaction at car shows. The greatest compliment was when my 10 year old saw the Mustang for the first time a few weeks ago. On the ride home he said, with a huge grin, "I kept looking at the car all day, and I can't believe my dad owns this car".

Trying to judge both this car and the Boss Vert was tough. Both cars were OUTSTANDING!!!! I don't even remember who came in third, but the classic modified Mustangs there that day just destroyed anything done by the new guys. Class of the field.

Trying to judge both this car and the Boss Vert was tough. Both cars were OUTSTANDING!!!! I don't even remember who came in third, but the classic modified Mustangs there that day just destroyed anything done by the new guys. Class of the field.

i'm more into subtlety so for me it would have been between the 2 69's, not too mention that i'm also more into 69's than the other bodystyles so that would have made the choice even easier for me. that big boss engine really throws a curveball in the mix but i'd still have to go for the 69's and probably the indian fire vert. mow if you want to get into creativity and overall design and execution of the them i'd go for the black vert.