If Its Not One Thing Its Another...

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
as a few of you know we melted a piston a few months ago in the race car.

well it also took out a sleeve.. that was replaced got everything back to the shop start to assemble it again. well it rubbed the thrust bearing... we had to get a new style thrust bearing because the old ones were discontuned in 2009 and we were always able to find back stock of them. well we thought the new ones must have been just a smidge thicker. so we sanded them down a little bit since we were trying to make a race. well after 3 or 4 times pulling crank in and out of the block we noticed the crank was cracked. wonderful! this isnt a standard off the shelf crank we are talking about. its a SBF crank that has cleveland mains and 2.100 rod bearings. on top of that it has a 4.125 stroke. lucky for us callies had 1 in stock... had it balanced per the rods and pistons we have in the motor. ordered new rods to be safe since we run aluminum rods in it... they need notched to clear the cam. got that done

get to the shop last night drop the crank in the block... now it rubs.

so block and crank are BACK at the machine shop...

racing this year has SUCKED!

• Sponsors (?)

yup! thats why i havent been posting many pictures from the track this year... mainly becuase we've been apart more then together this year.

btw i stopped in fayetteville over the summer to have breakfest with some family... ate at a place called rainbows it was pretty good. i gotta stop down and see my uncles fox body one of these days when im heading south

Can't remember the name of the road it's on... I know if your on 95 south you get off at some new high way they are working on then it dead ends into the road