If money was no object (exhaust)

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
Hi all, this is post #5,595,343 on exhaust lol

Well if you had an almost unlimited budget but still had to use store bought system, what would it be? Would you also take it to a ceramic coating shop to get it all coated? Also what do you currently have.

I currently have a custom setup X pipe with 2 high performance cats. X pipe is more like a pro-chamber to be honest. Dynomax mufflers and 2.5" aluminum flowmaster tails (I polished them). All is 2.5". Up front I have unequal shorties (ceramic coated).

What I'd like to have: Flowmaster 2.5" stainless tails, Magnaflow stainless mufflers, BBK X-pipe with cats, FRPP shorty headers. I'd get the headers and X-pipe and muffler mid pipes ceramic coated (polished aluminum color). Should make the exhaust system look good and I've always liked the sound of magnaflow, just don't like the 3" tips.

• Sponsors (?)

Kooks headers hang too low, so do bassanis, if i had the "unlimited" money, id build a set of custom headers, use a couple stainless bends to make a TRUE x-pipe, and just hook it up to my bassani catback.

Someday, i will spend money and build a real deal stock car exhaust system on my car, with Dr. Gas oval tubing and side exits...the whole 9 yards. I know it will be redneck as all hell, and probably sound insane, but it will be done...someday..lol.

Someday, i will spend money and build a real deal stock car exhaust system on my car, with Dr. Gas oval tubing and side exits...the whole 9 yards. I know it will be redneck as all hell, and probably sound insane, but it will be done...someday..lol.

not to sound naive but i dont really watch nascar so could inform me on that type of setup and why? i.e. what does the oval tubing offer

not to sound naive but i dont really watch nascar so could inform me on that type of setup and why? i.e. what does the oval tubing offer

I don't watch it either, i'm just familiar with the pipes they use. It basically has to do with ground clearance. They use oval or rectangular flat tubing instead of round pipes because they can flow the same amount of exhaust gas without compromising ground clearance.

Why? Good question...it would be stupid loud and probably sound like an open exhaust, but if money were no object why not? LOL

Here's a pic of what i'm talking about
main_center.jpg