If those brits dont piss you off...

Mar 31, 2005
watch the "top gear" review on the stangnet homepage for the shelby gt500... if that doesnt piss you off then nothing will. it seems like those brits will trash everything american. making claims like "its only got 440 hp"(since when does the rwhp come out the same as the bhp?) and "it doesnt have limited slip diff" and that live axle sucks, from what i understand any serious drag racer switches to the live axle, and they just happen to leave that out... :mad: :mad: :mad: that guy really pisses me off!!! he trashed other mustang GT when they raced a helicopter through the twisties... what the hell are they thinking over there!!! sorry, just ranting, i hate to be ignorent towards other cultures, but honestly, i cant help but feel like its just reciprocal!

• Sponsors (?)

eh, diff. strokes for diff. folks. It comes down to the way the roads are there...not as straight and drag racing is not as popular from what I hear.

As far as "quality" goes....yeah, jag was a fine electrical mess...oh dont forget the mini or other circus clown cars.

I like how they test some high dollar exotics and then compare them to what is an avg. sports car here...the GT (supercar) episode was fun as they just freaked out/

They dont seem to know much about the cars here either. I remember a show were they had a mustang and whatever trim line (cobra or GT) they didnt even know what type of axle was in the car, and even suggested what it needed... and that was the axle that WAS in the car. They also said the GT had basicly the same motor as the lightning...yeah...5.4L SOHC with crappy crank, rods, and pistons with a wet sump with a eaton vs. a 5.4L DOHC with a bad arse crank, forged rods and pistons dry sump with a roots(want to say a wipple was stock???)...yeah basicly the same :rolleyes:

Well the brits dont have the balls to go fast they just want to go around a turn with out hearing the tires squeal and having the fear of the rear end coming around because it actually has torque. But the funny part is when ever they show the driver camera of them driving it looks like they are ****tin_g there pants because it is so fast. By the way they are not professional drivers just average joes like us. I bet that if you gave one of us one of there britsh cars and let us drive it we would complain that in has no power and it is worth less. But to each his own.

ya, they eventually gave it to a prof driver and had him do his best lap time, which was a really windey road coarse. i just hate how they dont even acknowledge its pros and only look at the cons, like it was designed for road course racing, and thats it... it would be a whole different ball game if they got a little technical and explained the difference of rear ends and why shelby wanted it in the car... or why the rear wheel hp was lower than advertised... because u just know that most folks who watch it dont know the difference and now have many more ignorent ways to bash american cars......ugh, w/e

They also ignore the fact that an aftermarket exists. Yes, Ford put a solid rear in the GT500. Yes, it was to save $3,000. If those British ***s want IRS, they can call up a number of places and get an IRS for the car. But Ford saw that people were putting solid rears in the Terminators, and they made the decision to let the aftermarket and buyer decide this time.

And since when do they Dyno cars?!!:shrug: I want to see what kind of torque their gay-ass Mini Coopers are making.

It's not a matter of "different strokes" or "it's okay, they're British." It's not okay. I just hate the fact that everyone on tv now is peddling mis-information; the news media started it all. People on tv should have a responsibility to be truthful so that they won't screw up the general public more than they already have.

Those guys are idiots. :nonono: Apparently all their cars are rated in RWHP from the factory? I also didn't know that the GT500 has a Ford GT engine in it....:lol: That part alone costs almost as much as entire GT500!

Did anybody see the video where they test the standard Mustang "GT"? They kept giving out the specs of the GT, but they were driving a V-6 auto vert and kept complaining about how slow it was and how bad it handled.

Their test of the Ford GT and GT-X1 was really good tho. They loved both of those cars, but they had to point out that a lot of the parts didn't come from American manufacturers.

I mean their show is cool, but they are idiots.

I think that sums it up pretty well. They were dicks about the review, for sure. I do agree with what they have to say about the suspension though (just not the way that they presented it)

Well the brits dont have the balls to go fast they just want to go around a turn with out hearing the tires squeal and having the fear of the rear end coming around because it actually has torque. But the funny part is when ever they show the driver camera of them driving it looks like they are ****tin_g there pants because it is so fast. By the way they are not professional drivers just average joes like us. I bet that if you gave one of us one of there britsh cars and let us drive it we would complain that in has no power and it is worth less. But to each his own.

not sure about this though...keep in mind they were the ones that took the bugatti to 407kmh. They do know how to drive. If you've watched the previous GT500 video you can tell.

It's frustration from all the years of us making fun of Lucas Electrical. :D
Hey let's wire it ground to positive!! Never mind that the rest of the world does it differently! We're british so that makes us smarter.

They are still bitter that a bunch of farmers with muskets kicked the crap out of their Imperial Corps of Scarlet Gayness 230 years ago.

My brother goes to school in England and he still gets into fights because he's a "bloody yank" or a "colonist." They still haven't gotten over it.

Adam

Hey let's wire it ground to positive!! Never mind that the rest of the world does it differently! We're british so that makes us smarter.

They are still bitter that a bunch of farmers with muskets kicked the crap out of their Imperial Corps of Scarlet Gayness 230 years ago.

My brother goes to school in England and he still gets into fights because he's a "bloody yank" or a "colonist." They still haven't gotten over it.

Adam

yep, they still bitter, kinda funny

just be happy you don't live in England! not that i don't like the people but this place blows! There is a select few that really do enjoy drag racing and american muscle and I have met quite a few at the drag strip that are really nice guys! but when it comes to auto parts, they don't have crap!! I have to rely on summit for everything and that really sucks when it takes two weeks for parts.

I used to be quite into the Italian, German and Brit cars (Adam, for some reason thought you were into the Brit stuff too, or perhaps your Dad is :shrug: ).

Any time you engineer a car to have two fuel pumps on a toggle (so when one fails, you can switch to the other), well, that's not a good sign. :rlaugh: You just have to hope the toggle switch didn't fail as well.

Mootang, I can imagine it's tough getting parts (as it is here to get some obscure Euro parts). The shipping fees must be awful.

I almost feel bad about starting the "brit-bashing" thread, but ...well no i dont, i guess they earned it, they didnt have a single good thing to say about the shelby, and mis-informed all of their viewers to prove their point... AHHHHH!

They don't like the mustang because when they drive it they have to smile and laugh and then the world see how horrible there teeth look. So they don't want to drive the cars made in North America. I like how they are just giddy while driving it and yet tearing the car to shred. How can you be having that much fun and hate the car?

I used to be quite into the Italian, German and Brit cars (Adam, for some reason thought you were into the Brit stuff too, or perhaps your Dad is :shrug: ).

You're right, I cut my teeth on Triumphs.... after working on my dad's, its amazing I continued to turn wrenches:rolleyes: My old man had no patience for the wiring plus I was younger and small so I could reach around better.

Gotta love the push button over drive. I did enjoy driving it with the top down though, chick's dig the little roadsters in the summer:nice:

Adam

You're right, I cut my teeth on Triumphs.... after working on my dad's, its amazing I continued to turn wrenches:rolleyes: My old man had no patience for the wiring plus I was younger and small so I could reach around better.

Gotta love the push button over drive. I did enjoy driving it with the top down though, chick's dig the little roadsters in the summer:nice:

Adam

Adam, don't tell me it was a Laycock de Normanville OD? On Healeys they worked as well as Lucas fridges - my hat's off to you for keeping that thing working properly at all times. :nice: