If you could have any new car under 30k

I'm most likely going to buy a brand new car sometime next summer when I get back to the states.

I'm amazed at some deals USAA helps us military members with on new cars..

If you could have any new car under 30k$ what would it be and why?

I have been mainly looking at the new nissan 370z which if they price them the same as the 350z's a base would be about 29k. Also the new 2010 mustang looks alot better then the 09 did.. through USAA could pick up a base GT for 24k out the door..

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm looking for something with decent handling and power. I want to start hitting road courses once I get back in the states rather then just a drag strip.

• Sponsors (?)

At that point I'd say spend the extra 5k and get an WRX Sti but people either love or hate the 08s.

Between a 350Z and a 2010 Stang, it would be tough. Both would be solid choices and both look sweet. Both would be easily very quick with some bolt ons and quite a bit better than our cars stock. Just don't forget how much you're paying in interest when you consider your total. That 24k is probably more like 30.

i really like the saturn sky:

0500_05+2007_Saturn_Sky+Rear_Passenger_Side_View.jpg

i also like the solstice:

143192.1-lg.jpg

Attachments

• 0500_05+2007_Saturn_Sky+Rear_Passenger_Side_View.jpg
    0500_05+2007_Saturn_Sky+Rear_Passenger_Side_View.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 143192.1-lg.jpg
    143192.1-lg.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 95
i'd get a fusion,had one for a few weeks while the settlement was being worked out for our wrecked civic.
it was good on gas and had lots of room.
i have my mustang for fun,and we all know how little room these cars have.the prelude i bought my girl has so little space its ridiculous.

If you are mega-resourceful, you MIGHT get away with a FFR GTM under 30k if you don't go crazy on the paintjob and wheels :D It would certainly be an ambitious project, haha!

:drool: THis guy went all out on his . . .
DSC_0186.jpg

Lol, I doubt I would be able to get one of those.. geezus.. I wouldn't even want to drive that thing.

I heard the new turbo'd cobalt SS's have one of the fastest times for a stock vehicle on a couple of tracks.. might have to test drive one of them and a solstice GXP.

If you are mega-resourceful, you MIGHT get away with a FFR GTM under 30k if you don't go crazy on the paintjob and wheels :D It would certainly be an ambitious project, haha!

:drool: is right. wow

or even a FF cobra. they can certainly be done under 30 grand. the thing about them though is they are not really a daily driver type of car ... too loud (no mufflers) and too smelly (no cats)

but boy are those sweet

Big difference in 2 doors or 4 doors, but for a new car, I'd try hard to get into a Mustang or 350Z.

If a consideration could be made for a used car, a 2004 Z06 could be found for under $30K. Looks, handling, brakes, and good power.

Honestly, and sadly, I've not considered a new car in quite a while, so I'm not real familiar with all the new stuff out there. The Shelby GT500 looks neat, especially with a suspension/intake upgrade (well over $30K, but interesting).

Here's a thought--go for a 2010 Mustang, but don't do the GT--instead, get a 6 cylinder, manual. My son bought his 06 GT with NO options brand new for $17k. Still nicely equipped, (PW, PL, tilt, cruise, cd). That gives you $13k to start modding. Supercharger, good suspension kit, good set of wheels and tires: you've got a great road racer, with a better front-rear weight ratio, sweet handling, no V8 insurance penalty, something different than everyone else has, a little sleeper action depending on how you mod it.