If you read 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords...

If you read 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords this forum isn't specifically mentioned but a topic that was previously discussed is...

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=674337&highlight=competitive

The editorial on page 13, the editor talks about how some have deemed the fox uncompetitive versus the rest of the new technology in the new mustangs beyond the fox...

FastDriver was the thread starter and he was mentioned :nice:

Bah I don't know thought it was a coincidence that I should stumble on that.

Oops forgot to add that its the April 2007 volume.

• Sponsors (?)

i wonder if the editors actually lurk in forums like ours to get ideas. 5.0 mag has been a fav of mine but has been pissin me off lately with all their new age shi t. i wanna read about fox bodies not sn197s which is 85% of the mag now days. if i wanted to read about newer stangs id pick up a magazine that didnt have the number 5.0 stamped on the title. end of rant

i wonder if the editors actually lurk in forums like ours to get ideas. 5.0 mag has been a fav of mine but has been pissin me off lately with all their new age shi t. i wanna read about fox bodies not sn197s which is 85% of the mag now days. if i wanted to read about newer stangs id pick up a magazine that didnt have the number 5.0 stamped on the title. end of rant

:stupid:

It's worse for us '94/'95 guys. There might be one article about a 5.0, and the rest is 4.6 crap; chances are that one 5.0 will be a fox.

after the 05's came out the mags were swamped with articles on them. personally, i didnt renew my subscriptions to the mags and read on several forums that others were doing the same thing.

However, on a whim i just looked over an issue from last month or so of MMFF and it had a few articles on fox suspension. I bought it and liked it. I definitly think they browse online forums, and they probably saw people were getting pissed! They're probably using our ideas too, i dont see why not. They wanna write about what we're interested in...

yeah, you SN95 guys always get the shaft dont you? :(

Y'know...5.0 Mustangs AND SUPER FORDS is the title. What do you expect Super Fords to be? :shrug:

I'm not 100% for reading everything about them but it doesn't bother me and I keep my subscription. At $12 a year or whatever it is for the sub, it's kinda pointless to just buy whichever you like at the newsstand at $4 per issue.

Y'know...5.0 Mustangs AND SUPER FORDS is the title. What do you expect Super Fords to be? :shrug:

I'm not 100% for reading everything about them but it doesn't bother me and I keep my subscription. At $12 a year or whatever it is for the sub, it's kinda pointless to just buy whichever you like at the newsstand at $4 per issue.

But the magazine name used to be "5.0 Mustang" :(

I saw that column....i was looking to see if i got mentioned since Fastdriver and i just couldn't agree on anything...lol. That was a pretty good thread though but i think there's some lack of knowledge in it :D

5.0 powered T-birds, Fairmonts, LSC's, etc...:shrug:

Mustang Monthly isn't called "Classic Mustang" but they do a pretty good job of focusing primarily on '65-'73 cars with a few features on later cars.
If 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords is having trouble covering everything, maybe Primedia should start considering a seperate 4.6 magazine.

IMO, there's a lot to cover since the Fox Mustang was around for 24 years plus 2 years of 5.0 SN's and other Fox-5.0 Fords. You add on 11 more years of different 4.6es and it just gets worse.

I dont mind the coverage of the S197 cars in a 5.0 mag. Its cool to see new technology and what can be done to up some horsie numbers. If the mag were dedicated to only 5.0s I have a feeling they would be running out of material fast and would be beating a dead horse. How many times can you show an install of H/C/I ya know? I do agree that SN95 guys get the shaft in more ways than the 5.0 guys. I like the direction that 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords is headed.

5.0 powered T-birds, Fairmonts, LSC's, etc...:shrug:

I knew someone would say that :p

Imagine the number of those cars out there, quite minimal compared to Mustangs, even the S197. Now figure how many of them are anywhere near where the magazine guys have to be to get their car, go to the big shows, go to the big races, etc. A lot less. It's just to rare to keep it a mainstay. They pop up here and there though.

Separate 5.0 and 4.6 magazines would be real hard on their budget, I doubt they could do it and be able to keep the status quo.

I do mind the coverage... I've read some stupid opinions on the subject in the magazine too. I have a subscription to "5.0" but I dunno if I'll renew.

Too much new stuff. If I was into the new stuff I'd go by a SN197 or mod my 2001 GT. But I don't care about them and as a matter of fact I'll soon be rid of my 2001 GT. No, I don't care about 4.6 +. No not the least teenie weenie bit. No really, I don't. :mad:

I said NO!!! :mad:

*swats at pretend flies*

I do mind the coverage... I've read some stupid opinions on the subject in the magazine too. I have a subscription to "5.0" but I dunno if I'll renew.

Too much new stuff. If I was into the new stuff I'd go by a SN197 or mod my 2001 GT. But I don't care about them and as a matter of fact I'll soon be rid of my 2001 GT. No, I don't care about 4.6 +. No not the least teenie weenie bit. No really, I don't. :mad:

I said NO!!! :mad:

*swats at pretend flies*

And this is where the arguement begins. The magazine operators have to decide what balance is going to please everyone, more 5.0's or 4.6's. If they think they can please everyone they aren't thinking at all. So while they may lose strype as a reader, they may gain a new one that is interested in SN95's and above. You could always just skip the 4.6 stuff :p I guess I have taken my blinders off faster than some and thats why I like the mag.

MM&ff has been pretty good with fox coverage lately. Their tech articles are superior to anything else out there bar none. I find their modular coverage interesting too. I jus feel that there shouldnt be any reason to ever stop Fox coverage because theres always new parts coming out for 5.0's and there's always new 5.0 owners that havent had the privileges of seeing all the back issues. They need to cater to 5.0 owners to survive. 5.0 owners also for the most part are way more technically proficient. Dont believe me go visit the s197 forums on this site. Go read entire threads about how to properly fill the oil in your 4.6 3 valve. I happen to have really benefited from mm&ff's lately because they have been doing a lot of articles on suspension and thats exactly what my car needs next as my suspension is completely stock.
One idea that I have for these magazines that ive never seen done before save for the head test was parts comparos and shootouts. Id love to see muscle mustangs get upper and lower rear control arms from all the popular brands and test them out, compare the quality, the instructions, fit and finish, durability, performance, changes in 1/4 times with the same car etc. I wanna hear about stuff that went wrong. Everything always seems to be such a straight forward no problems ever situation. Theres no way your gonna tell me that they install granatelli parts with no problems or failures lol They got all these high horsepower fox project cars to be beating on these parts. lets hear about it. save me some money lol

side note. they do road tests on new stangs and I REALLY dig those articles. Also love dyno tests and modifications done to the GT500 and the ford gt.

If the mag were dedicated to only 5.0s I have a feeling they would be running out of material fast and would be beating a dead horse. How many times can you show an install of H/C/I ya know? I

One thing we're all forgetting is that the coverage doesn't have to center around drag racing.
I got a subscription to Hot Rod all because Matt King started his tech articles about running his $500 '84 Mustang in the NASA series.

I think if they included tech about building for auto-x, plus tips on restoring/fixing the cars they would have pleanty of material. But everything seems to be drag racing. Sure drag racing is the biggest part of the hobby; but if they really wanted to do two seperate magazines they could easily do it by covering other aspects of the hobby.

Think of how many projects you could do on '79-'93 Mustangs alone focusing on restoring these cars. Then you include SN95's and other 5.0 Fords and there will be plenty. I'm sure there's someone out there restoring a '79 Pacecar or a McLaren that doesn't care about which drag radials hook better.

it annoys me to a point.. i can live with the cobras.. and im a big fan of the 96-98 cobras.. but in the end, i want to see fox stuff.. to me it seems like they could run two different mags.. one for the Fox platform, and the 197 Platform.. since 79-04 would be agreeable to live with in my opinion.. and the 05+ owners can go have there little orgys in there own magazines.. :mad: