If you were selling your nice 5.0 BUT...

ShaneN.

Feb 25, 2003
BC, Canada
Say you were selling your fox body hatch... which happens to be a pretty nice black on black car but the motor is blowing blue smoke and is gonna need a rebuild. How much would money would you take off of your asking price for that problem.

• Sponsors (?)

Its not going to be worth much to most.Thats for sure. I bought mine a month ago. Black on grey and mint in/out, motor strong as hell with no probs,VA car with no rust for only 3000 USD. Granted I stole in the dead of winter. If it was a hot summer day you could probably find some smuck that would give you 2500-3000 for it. If I were you wouldnt be expecting over 2000 now - even if it was mint. If it is mint Why not keep it?

Blue Smoke is oil. Your rings, or the valve stem seals need a changing.

If it only smokes on start up usually the seals. (they let the oil leak down into the chamber)

Smoking all the time is rings and/or stem seals.

I doubt it is your head gasket. When the head gasket goes you get white smoke (steam). and the car more often then not runs like ****. Also your oil gets milky.

Price depends on the year of the car. Plus you will need to find a gearhead to take it off your hands or someone that can do their own work. haha or some poor smuck.

I would take off the price of a rebuild from the asking price.

Jo_885o said:
Yeah why not keep and rebuild yourself or build a stroker 306, 331, 347.

cause I bought an 03 Lightning :D

i'm in canada by the way guys. i was looking to get about 7500 for this car (CAD). that seems about what they are going for in good condition around here. So it is probably worth it for me to sell it for 6000 CAD even. That's all I needed to know.