If You Were To Build Another Mustang

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Other then what you currently have now if you were ever to take on another project Mustang what would you want to do? This is something Ive been thinking of myself but its a very long term goal and only after I get the Cobra paid off but Id like to find a rolling chassis of a 95 in good condition meaning no rust and build a 95 Saleen S351 Replica. Drop in a 347 or 351W w/ a Vortech S trim, full Saleen body kit, rims exc exc.. and something w/a unique paint job. Another reason for doing this is even though I dont drive the Cobra much I still want to keep the miles down on it.

m5lp_0311_02_z1995_saleen_s351_must.jpg

Attachments

• m5lp_0311_02_z1995_saleen_s351_must.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Sponsors (?)

Assuming that it can be something other than a 94/95....I'd like to get a 1970 sportsroof and build a calypso coral boss 302 clone (black interior)..of course it would have to have the shaker hood, rear window louvers, flat black spoiler.............. or a black on black boss 429 with the big hood scoop and chin spoiler would be pretty bad ass

1970Boss302CalypsoCoral.jpg

69boss429.jpg

but I also seen someones 67 over on 4.6 talk that I wouldn't mind owning

Mustang wise...

I would love to do a notch with a 5lug swap with killer breaks and MM suspension with a turbo motor...nothing crazy prob. a dart block 347 or smaller with around 600-700rwhp at max

or

find a 67-68 fastback and do a resto mod with air ride 18in TTII's big disks, EFI 5.4 4v with cams to give it that old school thumpity thump and look more like the bullitt car but a tad more modern.

if i was ever to do another mustang i would be a dedicated auto cross SN95. as far as future plans for this car include a dart 408w TT if this combo gets boring.

i've always wanted a 63 split window corvette to resto mod with a LS6....

I'm like Ryan, if I build another here's what it'll have:

'94-'95 coupe with a T5
-put in my entire stock shortblock combo that made 304rwhp 331 rwtq and took my heavy 'vert to a 12.03 at 112.5mph
-MM or griggs K member, coil overs, CC plates, etc up front
-Maier widened front fenders
-17X11 wheels up front and out back with 315's all around
-remove AC, all smog equipment, and every other thing that didn't help me go fast to bring the weight in under 3000lbs
-Either a torque arm/panhard bar setup in the rear or a watts link
-race seats
-roll bar

This could be an 11 second car that would be wicked quick around the auto-x/road race course and it'd look just plain old mean!

I have all intentions of building this car once my '95 is finished.

I think many here including myself have had to make the decision of auto cross car or drag set up car and boost VS N/A.

Its four decisions that require four different ways to build a car up. There is not much auto cross opportunities around where I am so its always basically been more of a drag set up.

The thing w/ my Cobra is that it has a unique history to it and Im always worried that something will happen to it, there are parts on the car that cannot be replaced. Im by no means planning on keeping the Cobra in a bubble if I ever build another Mustang.

Id just want to build something that is boosted so I can enjoy the best of both worlds, N/A and Boosted. Something around 10PSI and 500 RWHP that will run 10's. The more I think about it the more expensive it seems to build a whole other car but if I could find a cheap GT it would be a good base to start from. There are many other types of Mustangs I could build up but Ive always like the Saleen S351 even though it would be a full clone Id never pass it off as a real Saleen, that's what the Cobra is for it has all the documentation and history.

Mine would be a black '67 Mustang. Nothin special just a coupe. My uncle's '67 is the reason I got into Mustangs. Hes got a 460 in his, but otherwise is pretty sleeper. I would love to have one someday. I would add 4 wheel disks and some upgraded suspesion though. Someday I hope I can do it.:nice:

Other then what you currently have now if you were ever to take on another project Mustang what would you want to do? This is something Ive been thinking of myself but its a very long term goal and only after I get the Cobra paid off but Id like to find a rolling chassis of a 95 in good condition meaning no rust and build a 95 Saleen S351 Replica. Drop in a 347 or 351W w/ a Vortech S trim, full Saleen body kit, rims exc exc.. and something w/a unique paint job. Another reason for doing this is even though I dont drive the Cobra much I still want to keep the miles down on it.

Hey Nice Car!! I think I have seen that somewhere before!!:D
Wow that was taken 6 years ago for 5.0 magazine.

Where did you find that pic at?? Was it on 5.0 Mustang website?? Thanks for using it! I can copy it now and save it!:nice:

I have it looking a little different now..it sits a little lower especially in the front and I have the chrome "Magnesium" rims. I'm thinking of taking the wing off this next summer and putting the stock one on for awhile...just need to change things around.

Heres the photographer taking pics at that location for 5.0 magazine
Saleenmagshoot.jpg

Heres that pic on how it was used in the magazine!
Saleenmagshoot2.jpg

Attachments

• m5lp_0311_02_z1995_saleen_s351_must.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Saleenmagshoot.jpg
    Saleenmagshoot.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Saleenmagshoot2.jpg
    Saleenmagshoot2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 94
mine would be a restomod with a FOOSE type approach to the build. but i doubt that will ever happen because i have to build a garage first. after that, i am planning on building some factory five cars (33, gtm, mk3, daytona) and by the time i'm done with those, i'll probably be 70 years old. i'm almost 50 now

and i still have to finish the fairlane and the 95 ...

Hey Nice Car!! I think I have seen that somewhere before!!:D
Wow that was taken 6 years ago for 5.0 magazine.

Where did you find that pic at?? Was it on 5.0 Mustang website?? Thanks for using it! I can copy it now and save it!:nice:

I have it looking a little different now..it sits a little lower especially in the front and I have the chrome "Magnesium" rims. I'm thinking of taking the wing off this next summer and putting the stock one on for awhile...just need to change things around.

Heres the photographer taking pics at that location for 5.0 magazine

Heres that pic on how it was used in the magazine!

I just googled Saleen S351 Mustang and the pics from the 5.0 site popped up. Hope you dont mind that I use your car as a template for a clone :D Im not sure on the color I CANNOT do Red again, the Cobra is the third Red SN95 I have had so that would deff be different.

Also do you know where to get the Saleen S351 Decals that go on the corner of the trunk?

definitely a notchback! id do a 5.4l 4v motor with a BIG turbo on it... ive seen one getting dyno'd at a local race shop and i instantly fell in love... dress it up with a nice 5 lug conversion and some big brakes as stated above by someone... id definitely run 18s though, and maybe run it on an auto, im still too lazy for a stick LOL

definitely a notchback! id do a 5.4l 4v motor with a BIG turbo on it... ive seen one getting dyno'd at a local race shop and i instantly fell in love... dress it up with a nice 5 lug conversion and some big brakes as stated above by someone... id definitely run 18s though, and maybe run it on an auto, im still too lazy for a stick LOL

5 SPD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!