If You Were To Build Another Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

On the higher end of costs (maybe), my next project would be an 07/08/09 GT500 with an intake/tune upgrade, suspension mods (either KR parts or similar) and leave it at that. Bigger brakes possibly (again, like the KR) and maybe a freer flowing exhaust that still meets emissions. Make mine white with blue stripes and I'd be set for a good long while. Would be a looker and a nice street/daily car.

On the lower end of costs, a lower mileage 2004 Cobra. Add on the necessary suspension parts (MM) to resolve the wheel hop issue and then finish it off with a Bassani catback. Oh yeah, add some 17x10.5 wheels on the back too. Not a lot of mods, but that would suit me fine. Make mine red or black.

Mid-life crisis........either a newer GT500 or a Shelby Cobra replica (Factory 5 or Unique Motorcars).

I will have to google Saleen S351 Mustang, Thanks!

You could still get the decals from Saleen.....not sure how much longer though!
If you do a S351 clone you have to make it 351 based!! No 302 strokers allowed!!

Whats wrong with red anyway?? I have 2 red S351's:D

95S351001.jpg

I really liked this one that was just sold last summer.

95S35195.jpg

Attachments

• 95S351001.jpg
    95S351001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 95S35195.jpg
    95S35195.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 78
I would buy a wrecked stang and use it as a donor car for a factory five daytona or '33 coupe. I would build a street friendly 351w for the daytona, and a '03 cobra engine in the the '33. Either one would have to outrun new vette's on a road course/autocross. :)

If I have to keep it a stang, I would probably go with a new edge with a 03 cobra drivetrain and probably a kenne bell. Or a 351w and turbo... And full griggs suspension with the SLA front end setup and a 3-link rear end setup.

Once I finish the 67, I'd like to play around with a 69-70 fastback. What I'd REALLY love to do is a restomod/clone of a 69-70 Shelby GT350, with a stroked 351, 4 wheel disks, coilover front end, something radical for a rear (maybe airride?). Exterior would be true to the GT350, down to the Kelsey Hayes Magstars.

One of the first Mustangs I remember seeing was a 69 Shelby, and I've always loved that body style. It was not the race car that Carroll started building, but it's got sentimental value.

When I got my first Mustang (68 GT Fastback, Highland Green, with the Gold C-Stripe, 302 4v), the guy we bought it from (in 1981) had a red 69 GT500 in #2 condition for sale for $10k. My dad said that was insane! I remind him about it often.

Second choice would be to do a restomod version of my 68 fastback.

Third choice--S197 6 cylinder, with a blower, as a corner carver.

Guess I need to get busy on the 67!

after im done with school, im planning on building my engine

single turbo t76 w/ 3-4' piping
dart or boss 302 block
331 stroker
wisceo 8:5:1 pistons
afr 205 heads
custom cam
tremec tko 600 w/ stage 3 clutch
lower gear setting

or just order a cobra jet crate motor.

the exterior, i would like to keep it simple. dont want attract attention.

or ill slap on a little turbine jet engine on the back and call it a day :D

It would be a 94 or 95 Stanger for me for sure :nice:

I've gotten a bit familiar with their little silver box :D
and
I've got all the stuff to make it do ... As I Command ;)

I wouldn't wanna invest any time learning a different box :nono:

As for the rest :shrug:

Stroker NA 5.0
Stroker NA Windsor
Twin Screw 5.0
Centri 5.0

And more :banana:

Too many options & Too little money :crazy: :rlaugh:

Grady