if you're a drag racer, i want your damn opinion!

Defleshed

Satanic Mechanic
Nov 30, 2003
In Torment, In Hell
alright, there are a million tires out there. simply put... i want to buy the best for gripping in dry weather, as close to slicks as i can get but still street legal. what tire is right for me. suggestions, recommendations, ideas, let me hear them! please!!!! nothing else matters but grip and handling. (im not concerned with wet traction, winter traction, ect... my baby only comes out when it is nice out :D )

quick info, car is an 02 GT autotranny.

• Sponsors (?)

i was pulling 1.6s in my 91 on bfg compt/a drags on a nitto the best i pulled on the was like a 2.1 2.2 that was the best on like a 1-2 min burn out i think nitto sux man thats my opinion, but beg will last like 2 months depends on how much you race , mine lasted 1 month but hooked like a beast at 5500 thats my input

BFG Comp TA drag radials will be the stickiest and still ride and look like a regular tire. they will wear a little faster than Nitto drag radials. The nittos will get sticky too and ride like a regular tire but will have to be heated a little more to compete with the BFGs. Micky Thompson ET streets may be the best for traction , but they will ride and look more like a slick. Best all around will be the drag radials. Best period, ET streets. ETs will need a 15 inch rim, I think they may make a 16. The drag radials are made in 15, 16, 17 and 18 inch . So you keep the same rims. :nice:

I have et streets mounted on 16'' fac. rims. They hook like nobodys business and they don't handle as bad as people think. Just need to keep your eye on them because they tend to loose pressure rather quickly, just check them once a week. They require a quick burnout to hook good and they are about as close to a slick as you can get! I have pics of them on the fac. rims on the car if you want to see them just send me an e-mail [email protected] because it won't let me upload anymore pics on here. Have fun.

If you have a car with alot of power don't think about anything other than an ET Street or Hoosier Quik Time Pro. If you have a car with more "normal " power levels drag radials would be the ticket. Of course God help you if you've got ETs and get caught in the rain.

If your stock geared I wouldn't touch anything other than nittos or something comparable. Your gonna bog bad if your trying to launch w/et streets of a decent size and stock gears. Your gonna need at least 3.73's + or unless you make a decent amount of power. I don't make much power, but I did a lot of weight reduction, I have my rear end built up, and I have a few mods. Some people say running et streets are worse than running et's drags on parts.