Ignition Doa

67coupestang

Founding Member
May 31, 2002
last weekend while cruising home my coupe died about 1 mile from home, just died, coasted to the side of the road. i finally get some quiet time to look it and i dont have any voltage at the coil.. i should mention that a few years back i put a mallory cd ignition, coil, dist etc. i have voltage coming from the ignition switch, but it doesnt make it to the coil. the part that worries me is there is a high frequency sound that changes pitchcoming from that mallory igniton box, sounds like air escaping and its constant... is there anyway to test and diagnose a box like that? i know it cant be as simple as taking it to an autozone and letting them plug it in like an old duraspark. any feedback would be much appreciated, i should probably get the thing off the street... :(

• Sponsors (?)

sooooooo.... not that ive spent a lot of time on it but im pretty convinced its the box... I found out with the coil plugged in i have little to no voltage to ground but with the coil unplugged there was about 8ish volts... swapped in an old coil and it was the same senario. so is it possible to hook up my old reliable duraspark igniton box to the mallory distributor without too much conciquence? i really need to get it running at least to get it out of the street, my driveway is like a 5/12 pitch and i dont feel like pushing it up there by myself...