Ignition Switch

So I'm having issues with my tranny...and when I finally give up and try to start it the Damm Ignition Switch takes a dive! DAMM IT! It's brand new....It worked fine until now...the key won't come out and I can figure out how to take it out. Any Ideas?:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

turn it to ACC then push a pin into the little hole

keep turning it counter clockwise until the whole assembly comes out. After this just turn it back clockwise and try and remove the key that way. If that fails then you can prolly pick up a new key and lock set for pretty cheap from any of the various vendors.

My key wouldn't come out till I figured to rotate the collar on the steering column. The collar seems to be for a column shift transmision. You could of bumped it and it won't let the key out. Just my two cents

No, that's the shift interlock; from the factory, there is a rod that goes down to the transmission and connects there so that unless the shifter is in "Park", you won't be able to remove the key.

Switch

Sorry I forgot to mention that it's on my 64...It won't even turn...im worried about break the key!:eek: I pulled the harness off and I tried to push the switch to pull the retainer but as you mentioned you have to be able to turn the key to pull the retainer. Will it mess it up if I just go Medievil on it with some vicegrips....:rolleyes: This is so weird...it's brand new and it just died!