Ike drank my Fox

GSP393

Aug 14, 2006
Orange County, Texas
My car was in the garage when the tidal wave from hurricane Ike destroyed 5,000+ houses in Bridge City alone. All but 3 inches of the roof were covered. Along with all my 393 stroker parts. I had everything for the engine minus headers, aircleaner and carb. I haven't seen any of it yet. I'm gone for a 4 week vacation, but couldn't fly back until this Saturday.
Wish me luck, I'm not sure where I'll be but I know I wont have internet. I forgot to add it was saltwater from the gulf.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not holding my breath about the insurance. I have full coverage, but I've already got 5k in the paint job. I'll be lucky if I get blue book.

Sorry to say, but this is prolly how its gonna go.

At least your safe, thats whats most important. Cars are just "things" that can be easily replaced.

I'm very thankful my family and pets are all ok. My dad and uncle took my engine parts to an engine machine shop in a town that was spared from the hurricane so they can work on the rust and corrosion from the saltwater. My roller lifters are trashed and no telling what else.

i'm sorry to hear man. it's already been said a thousand times but thank god you and your family are okay. hopefully everything gets back on track soon enough. in the mean time, have a good vacation! where you going?

I hate to hear about your fox. I live in Groves and left my '91 Coupe at a friends shop in Orangefield. My wife and I evacuated to Mississippi to stay with cousins. All I kept hearing on the news was the storm surge. Seeing pics of Bridge City and Orange I was worried about my car. I finally got news Wednesday that it was ok and no water in the shop. You talk about a relief. My brother-inlaw lives in Colonial Estates and he had mud and water in his house but I don't know how his '92 Coupe turned out.

Is the car covered under home insurance or something to that extent? I thought for some reason that if a car was killed in a house fire, it wasn't covered under auto insurance, but instead homeowners insurance... I could be wrong, though, I'm still a newb to the insurance thing.