Im a Nerd

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
2011-07-08175719.jpg

These are SWEET.

• Sponsors (?)

Headphones for xbox. Its what i do when im home. I live in a state where i dont know anyone. Of course i didnt pay full price...

They are simulated surround.

Astro A40 Audio System | MLG Pro Edition | AstroGaming.com

# • Ships With: A40 MLG Headset, MLG Speaker Tags, Astro MixAmp and A40 Carry Case
# • Headset Cables Include: 6' 3.5mm Quick Disconnect; 6' Dual Jack PC Quick Disconnect
# • MixAmp Cables Include: 12' RCA-RCA Piggyback, 12' USB-USB Mini, 6' Xbox Live Chat Cable, 6' 3.5mm Audio Cable, PC Headset Y-Adapter, Daisy Chain Connector
# • Transducer Principle: Dynamic, Open
# • Frequency Response: 15 - 28,000 Hz
# • Norminal Impedance: 50 ohm
# • Weight w/o Cable: 324 grams
# • Characteristic SPL: 104dB
# • Ear Coupling: Circumaural
# • Headband Pressure: 2.6 N
# • Distortion: Less than 0.1%
# • Connector: 3.5 mm mini-stereo with 1/4" adapter
# • Mic: 6.0mm uni-directional noise canceling
# • Power Supply: USB mini-B (USB 2.0 compatible), or 4 x AA batteries (not included)
# • Power Output: 70mW 32ohm per channel
# • Battery Life: 12+ Hours
# • Frequency Response: 35 - 20,000 Hz
# • Inputs (front): Headset connector, 2.5mm Xbox Live voice communication connector
# • Inputs (rear): L/R analog RCA, TOSlink digital, coaxial digital, 3.5mm microphone (PC voice), 3.5mm mp3 connector, USB mini-B (audio/power)

Not bad for $250 dollars (how much did you get them for?), still won't make you live any longer :rlaugh:. You must play Cod or Halo if you bought those. My gf bought me some X41s so there was no TV sound and she could watch her shows on the LCD.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Most of my friends from college live all over the country and hang out on xbox live every night. I don't have a spare minute to myself these days, nor the money to buy an xbox.

Kurt

Not bad for $250 dollars (how much did you get them for?), still won't make you live any longer :rlaugh:. You must play Cod or Halo if you bought those. My gf bought me some X41s so there was no TV sound and she could watch her shows on the LCD.

I had x31's that i loved. I bought x41's last week for $137 on sale and hated them. The directionality was great but the build quality seemed worse then the x31's and i didnt like the round ear cups. I also had issues with the wireless which was odd because i didnt with my x31's. So i bought the astros and returned them.

I got these for $120 on craigs list. I argued with the person for 2 days and said i wanted to either test them or pay with paypal. He assured me everything worked fine and if it didnt he would give me a refund. I was a little suspicious seeing that even used normal price is like $190. So i devised a method to test them in my car because the guy wouldn't let me come to his house. I plugged them in to a usb charger in the car and pluged my phone in while on pandora. They worked fine and i could hear the mic feed being fed through the headset when i talked so i knew the mic worked.

I bought them and took them home and hooked them up and couldnt hear anyone else talking. So he was trying to screw me over and thats why he would let me test them on his x box. Since ive had a similar problem before with another headset. I started checking the chat cable for breaks. Sure enough i found one (very small and hard to find) and swapped out the cable. They work fine now.

Im probably going to order replacement ear pads for them as well.

nice pickup.. i've been looking into getting a set of headphones since my fiance is studying for the bar and I try to keep the noise down when I play. I have been looking at the Turtle beach p11's for my ps3. their $50 on amazon

Is there a big difference getting gaming headphones compared to regular ones like sennheiser 202's?? the Sennheisers are only like $22. I don't care about the mic since the chat feature just annoys me(annoying little kids lol)

Is there a big difference getting gaming headphones compared to regular ones like sennheiser 202's?? the Sennheisers are only like $22. I don't care about the mic since the chat feature just annoys me(annoying little kids lol)

Unless you stick a TSO sticker on them, then it's $900 for the same Sennheisers.

Kurt

nice pickup.. i've been looking into getting a set of headphones since my fiance is studying for the bar and I try to keep the noise down when I play. I have been looking at the Turtle beach p11's for my ps3. their $50 on amazon

Ill give you a little help on this matter....

I started with turtle beach x1's which are the equivalent of the p11's . These headphones are wired stereo headphones. They are good headphones and you can get a great idea of where someone is (to your right or your left).

The x31's that i used for 2 years are wireless versions of the same headset.

Gaming headphones have a mic and thats really the only difference. You do need an inline amplifier to plug them in. Most either junction in on the RCA cables or run on a optical tos link cable from your system.

There is a huge difference in sound quality. The optical tos makes it sound amazing.

You need to determine wither you care about 5.1/7.1 surround. If you play alot of first person shooters on line or competitively i recommend going with either a true 5.1/7.1 or a simulated (personal preference). You can hear people walking around the map at a great distance (this also goes for bomb plants, reloads etc.) You can actually pinpoint where someone is based on sound. This combined with the hardened perk (in COD) will allow you to hear someone walking in a building and be able to shoot through the walls to kill them.

Its harder to pinpoint this with a plain set of stereo headphones...

True 5.1 can be done with either the tritton AX pros (4 speakers in each ear) or a PC video card with an optical input (SB-Extigy) with the Turtle beach competition series headset (4 x40mm drivers)

If you want 5.1 simulated the best way to go is to buy that mix amp pictured. Then you can plug in any headphones you want and have simulated 5.1 sound. Alot of people prefer the Audio Technica AD700's due to a wide sound stage. Also highly recommended are the Sennheiser 350s or 550's

Astro A40 Mixamp | 5.1 Dolby Digital Mixamp | AstroGaming.com

thanks for the info. I do mainly play black ops and surround sound would be awesome. I just really don't want to spend a lot on a set right now. It's good to know that I can always add a mixamp in later to upgrade. I'll check craigslist/ebay otherwise i'll pick up the p11's.