Im back with a 14.0 turbobird

tiny4lx

Dec 3, 2003
OXFORD PA
I been working alot and doing other things,but wanted to stop in and tell ya about the bird. Well it has 153,089 miles on a stock longblock. No porting,stock intakes,stock tb,stock fpr,88 stock ic,stock rear and gears,stock suspension,5spd. Now i add'd a ATR header,single 3" exhaust[all the way out the back],It has the stock 60/63 turbo pushing 19psi and big vam and injectors. I ran it with street tires[no dr]255-60 and slipped the clutch around 5000rpm's to about the 60'. Came back to the lane to realize that the header had a 4" crack.
Did run 110 fuel mix with 94. Just got my afpr so it will go on and hope for a 13.99.

Attachments

• HPIM0655.JPG
    HPIM0655.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 124
  • HPIM0649.JPG
    HPIM0649.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

mr_woodster said:
Good times on a pretty much stock bird!
Youll pull that 13.99 with just the right track conditions.

Ps: atr headers are KNOWN to crack, just about everywhere...good luck with that :)

I had a 2.0 60'. I need some dr's so i can let the clutch go in stead of riding it out.
If it wasnt for the crack i may of went 13's but not sure. Well the header has extra weld on it and the original brackets cut and better ones put back on. I'll try it again and hope it holds up.

Well the gas may not help'd at this piont but it didnt hurt to try. As for the tires, slicks maybe not but at least a good dr. Even slipping the clutching the were spinning a little.
Next weight reduction