I'm Back

86bluecobra

Advanced Member
Dec 20, 2004
B.C. Canada
Just finished the first 10 weeks of schooling in my electrical apprenticeship. That was a lot of work. :bang: To much homework! :ack: Glad it is over though. 1 year down 3 more to go. Finished year one second in my class. Now to tackle year 2. I'm glad I am back. I want to do some suspension work to my car. Anyways I'll see you all back in Tech more now.

• Sponsors (?)

Just finished the first 10 weeks of schooling in my electrical apprenticeship. That was a lot of work. :bang: To much homework! :ack: Glad it is over though. 1 year down 3 more to go. Finished year one second in my class. Now to tackle year 2. I'm glad I am back. I want to do some suspension work to my car. Anyways I'll see you all back in Tech more now.

Electrical school like regular school??

I never went through that. All i did was show up 2 nights a week for 4 hours and listen until i accumulated 300 hours and then went and took the test. I never had any homework or tests while in school. It was more or less code book prep

I have my lisence, but i don't work as an electrican anymore. :shrug:

Canada's requirements must be different than the US i guess. :shrug:

I was in the trade for 10 years since I was 16. Saw some cool stuff. In the end i was doing control and motor wiring for roadway draw-bridges so it was definitely interesting.

I am now a mechanical engineer, but sometimes i miss electrical. Good luck with it. It pays off (literally) in the end

Good job! It sounds like a lot of work, but it also sounds like you are doing very well. Keep at it.

Canada's requirements must be different than the US i guess. :shrug:

I was in the trade for 10 years since I was 16. Saw some cool stuff. In the end i was doing control and motor wiring for roadway draw-bridges so it was definitely interesting.

I am now a mechanical engineer, but sometimes i miss electrical. Good luck with it. It pays off (literally) in the end

What do you do as an M.E.? I've found that in the Refrigeration field, you spend a fair amount of time with electrical (control, motor, VFD, etc).