I'm finally getting blown!

S.D.-Stangman

Founding Member
Jul 17, 2002
San Diego, Ca
Well, finally broke down and bought a vortech SQ trim 8 lb kit. Went to the Brothers Performance Sidewalk sale and got a deal I couldnt refuse.

Complete kit, price before tax: $3043 !!!

Pretty stoked about it. We started the install yesterday and got most of the little stuff done. Check this thread out for pics of Day 1: http://socalstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=446#post446

Continuing on tonight, and will post more as we get em taken. When all is said and done, I'll be doing an SCT dyno tune at JBA performance here in San Diego. The whole tune including the chip is $500. Hoooray Me! haha...

:banana:

BTW: i did a baseline Dyno run Saturday at West Coast Vipers in Murietta, CA with the mods listed and was at 258.4 rwhp and 297.6 rwtq SAE.

• Sponsors (?)

Day 3: Had a little trouble locating the grommet for the AIC temp sensor mod, but finally found it at autozone. To set up the AIC (since 2002+ GT doesnt have one) we bought a 98 GT AIC sensor and connector from JBA here in San Diego. They are stock ford parts (ill post the PN's later) but the dealerships didnt have them in stock. You basicly have to remove the two outside grey wires from the mass air meter harness plug, and transfer them to the new connector. The connector comes with two wires already in place, so we removed them and swapped the two grey ones in, which made for a nice clean stock looking connection with no splices or visible joints or breaks. Worked like a charm! To install the AIC sensor you will need to go to autozone and get PN 42058 (its a PCV valve grommet for a toyota). Drill an 11/16 hole in the discharge tube on the throttle body side of the bypass valve (I put it on the bottom to keep it pretty much invisible). Deburr the hole, install the grommet, pop the sensor in there, and connect it to the new plug that you just set up. Easy as pie!

We then got the oil pan punched and tapped and all of the plumming for the head unit oil feed and drain lines set up. We used teflon pipe joint paste for all of the connections. The radiator hose was modified, the cold air setup and inlet plumbing was also done.

All that is holding us up now is I am missing the crankshaft pully bolt washer. I remember taking one off of there when I installed the timing adjuster, but now i cant find it. Anyone happen to have the P/N?

I'll get the washer today, we'll button it up, do a final checklist to make sure everything was accomplished, then off to JBA for a SCT chip aand dynotune tomorrow.

:banana: :banana: :banana: