i'm getting the mongoose kit

Mustanggt108

Sep 23, 2005
guys i'm planing to get the mongoose kit istead of just a bunch of bolts-ons and gaining much much less then with a SC.
This is what I'm getting : http://modularpowerhouse.com/produc...d=121&osCsid=96881d66a2cc0597c7dfbedd47a87c72
so what do you guys think??oh yah...with this set up I'm getting the Xcal2 as well right? i didnt get that part...is it included in the kit?
my current mods are :
Steeda U/D pullys (will have to come off i know).
MAC CAI
FRPP 3.73
weld in mufflers.

so how much HP do you guys think i'll be pushing right after instal with MPH tune?? (approximatly please)
all info is greately appriciated.

• Sponsors (?)

cant give you an accurate hp #, but you are definitely making a smart choice by going with MPH. they're a quality shop that knows their stuff. also depends on how much boost your're running, along with other mods. with that kit you could probably see 400hp, plus or minus 50hp. i know thats a 100hp range, but its the best guesstimate i can give you

no other mods.I'm just gonna get the 75mm Accufab combo along with MPH intake power pipe thats all i'm getting. I will not use any pulleys , so i'm gonna instal it and run it as it is. Will i see 380rwhp for sure???
oh yah , i wont be able to dyno test my 04 GT so the MPH tune that comes with the kit should be fine to use withought taking the car to a dynoshop , right?

Mustanggt108 said:
:rolleyes:
no, but will i be able to beat stock 03/04Cobras. I know they have a twin screw so from a light its kind of immpossible. But say in a 1/2 - 1 mile race?

well say your making @375rwhp from the mongoose on your stock shortblock...thats what most 03/04 cobra's make stock...how many do think are still stock? with minmal effort they get up to 425-475rwhp so good luck challenging those guys :rolleyes: So if you want to play with the cobras you will need to get the forged internals and crank up the boost.

Mustanggt108 said:
:rolleyes:
no, but will i be able to beat stock 03/04Cobras. I know they have a twin screw so from a light its kind of immpossible. But say in a 1/2 - 1 mile race?
Stock '03-'04 Cobra's don't run a Twin Screw, they use an Eaton-based Roots blower and a light to light jaunt would be a drivers race, with the advantage still slightly in the Cobra's favor all the way through.

i dont think if you will see 380 with with your other mods. you need mid pipe headers wit hyour accufab t/b and plenum. then you might see 380.

as far as the cobra, i still think there are plenty of stock ones running around. not everyone is into the hassle of modding. :D

i do think they will have the advantage from the dig, but depending what speed u take it to, you might start closing the gap.

well bad news :(
i found out that my financial status arent looking so good right now :notnice:
i mean $3770 isnt really a small amount to drop in my 04 all at once.I know its the best move but i dont know what to do now. i might just do a bit more bolt-ons for now :(
i'm helping a friend with his honda project (financially wise), and i'm also getting a 400rwhp supra from a friend , and that costs soo much money he's not really asking any less than any supra owner. i really want to see my 04 , supercharged one day. But i guess i have to wait. I know the money for the mongoose kit is much much better then just throwing it on bolt-ons.But i guess i just cant through $3770 all at once :nonono:

Sorry you aren't going to get yours. I'm gonna order my Mongoose kit next week!!

Couple questions.
Is the SQ better than the S trim? I've heard the S trim and it's really loud. I want it to be quieter but not silent. Will you still be able to hear the SQ? I also want to get the 4" power pipe. What psi will I see with the power pipe installed?

So when I get the kit installed I understand I need to take it to the dyno. The closest one is 2.5hrs away. He is 3 pulls for $75. Then how does it work if I need my program adjusted? Would really like to do it one time when I go to the dyno, then have to keep going back?

Is there anything I will need to buy for the installation? Or anything I especially need to be aware of when driving my supercharged Gt? New to the supercharger world!

Thanks for all the Help everyone!