I'm going to commit a sin here

codemonkey

Hungrymonkey's helper monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Wilsonville, OR
and talk about my chevy in the stangnet forums!

Some of you might remember me posting these horrible pics of what I did to my chev a little over a year ago:

chevy_350_swap_06.jpg

Shortly after, I bought this badboy:

chevy_350_swap_11.jpg

A nice rebuilt 350 with 8.5:1s in it, brand new ported/polished heads, crane cam, eddie performer, and holley 650. Balanced and blueprinted 4-bolt.

And yes, you can all point and laugh and make fun of me because its taken me almost a year to get it back on the road. I dropped in there in january or so, but have not had the time to go out and do much with it, I got it bolted in and then basically went out for a few hours here and there every few months.

Well, last week I finally fired it, broke it in, got the valves adjusted, etc and fixed some leaks and put in an adapter (funny how a spreadbore manifold and squarebore carb dont match up well) and got the holley dialed in.

I've driven it around and broke in nice, and lemme tell ya, this is the best running rig I've ever had. This motor runs smooth as can be, its amazing. And its got enough torque to light up the 36s like its wet pavement. I'm friggin thrilled.

Just had to post about it, I finally got it running. My shedule has been so horrible, in over a year I think I put about 16 hours into this thing overall. Kinda sad I know.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey even diehard Blue oval people fall off the horse once ins a while.:chair:

Looks like a cool motor though. I know what you mean abotu no time for project.. I am just starting on my notch now that has been sitting since I bought it in March!:owned:

yeah I totally know that feeling. I also have my maroon fox, that needs a cam, lifters and timing chain (at least) right now, and it only needs about a full day of work on it, and I have put that off almost a year. So that will be the next one. Will probably be at least a month or so till I start on that one.