I'm hating my car right now.

Is there ever a point where you can just drive and enjoy your car without having to worry about fixing something on it.

I have been wondering if i should sell it, but its paid off and i really dont feel like getting into another car payment.

It just seems like it has been one problem after another with this thing. Wont start here and there, transmission needs rebuilt, clutch figures out that it doesnt want to work anymore, and the list goes on. Now im at the point were i need to pretty much redo the entire suspension because the rubber bushing are going out and it rides like a tank because of it. If i dump the amount of money that im talking to get things up to par im definetly not getting rid of it.

I dont really know were im going with this, guess im looking for the insight of other members to rekindle the spirit in my car.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

My opinion.

Yes you can get to that point. I never did with my old notch but I have with the Mach.

I would worry about every single thing about the car. I drove it to Tulsa (8.5hours) and sweated the drive the entire time. Car ran fine, I just worried myself for no-reason.

These cars require maintenance like any other. We just tend to keep them longer than most people keep their cars because they are special to us for whatever reason we have.

The great thing is all the work you need to do to these cars is really pretty easy stuff. The cars are simple enough that a little effort and knowledge, and a few select tools can go a long way.

Also, it is not as much fun doing work like you described vs. adding speed parts, but it is part of the price of admission.

DONT give up.

I go through the same thing every couple of months when something goes wrong lol. I always end up keeping it though because even though it does feel like im constantly fixing something, i do love driving it. Currently the stang is sitting in the garage and hasnt started in about a month now. I just havent gotten around to messing with it. Ever since I got a daily driver, it doesn't frustrate me as much since i dont have to rely on it. Remember FORD means Fix Or Repair Daily. lol