I'm in market for WB 02s

BlackVert said:
huh?

my understanding is that a wideband generates a voltage which is an indication of the air/fuel ratio at the sensor at that point in time. that voltage can be connected to the wires normally used by the evp sensor, which is one of the sensors the tweecer can datalog. you then provide a map to calcon which translates the voltage to the corresponding air/fuel ratio. this allows the tweecer to log the air/fuel ratio along with the other datapoints it logs.

Thats how I did mine, this website helped me.

http://home.austin.rr.com/dwoodall/wbo2_install.htm

• Sponsors (?)

BlackVert said:
huh?

my understanding is that a wideband generates a voltage which is an indication of the air/fuel ratio at the sensor at that point in time. that voltage can be connected to the wires normally used by the evp sensor, which is one of the sensors the tweecer can datalog. you then provide a map to calcon which translates the voltage to the corresponding air/fuel ratio. this allows the tweecer to log the air/fuel ratio along with the other datapoints it logs.

you can do something similar to log boost.

if that is not how it works, then please enlighten me.

I think I understand what you are asking :shrug:

This is a rude & crude explanation of a wb as I see it

You got three basic parts
1 O2 sensor
2 Interface
3 Display

The O2 is different from oem O2's in the form of its wider band of accurate operation.

The interface or Controller takes the data from the O2. It converts it some how to something that is more acceptable for display use. This box also supplys an analog output that can be used for your Tweecer input.

The display is needed to view the results. The display for my FJO is about the size of a pack of cigs with the digital values viewed from one end.

Grady

BlackVert said:
huh?

you can do something similar to log boost.

if that is not how it works, then please enlighten me.
you cant just run the sensor right to the tweecer. you need a control box. like any unit thats been mentioned so far. why would someone spend 200+ if you could just use the $35 vw sensor and run it straight thru the tweecer?:shrug: