I'm kinda leaning towards gettin the '05, but..

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by Contrarian, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

I'll do car shopping more this spring. If I do place the order on May 1st, do they require the full downpayment then or is that on delivery? I would be kinda ****ed to have any cash tied up for 6 months waiting for delivery.
  2. 65conv50

65conv50 New Member

If the dealer really wants your business, a 100 buck deposit will hold it. No big deal to a good dealer.
  3. shatner saves

shatner saves New Member

...and, if you change your mind, you might be able to sell your spot in line. Remeber the intro of the last M3? I heard there were guys selling their $3k deposits for $5k and up. Maybe that's just urban legend.
  4. 351CJ

351CJ New Member

Most Ford dealers around here want a $500 deposit. But the only way you can answer the question is to go vist the Ford dealer that you would be buying from and ask how much a a deposit they want.

AS Shatner says, putting a deposit down would be VERY low risk as if you don't want your 05 Stang there will be people standing in line ready to buy it.
  5. 66Satellite

66Satellite Banned

Ok, so putting down a deposit gets you what--the right to spend an extra $2-3k over MSRP?
  6. Wylde

Wylde New Member

I'll just wait and get the 5th or 6th or 20th...I don't care as long as I get one. It will be winter here when they come out anyway (if it is Feb)