I'm new and looking for help!

SilverBullet00

Jul 5, 2004
Wichita, KS
I have been looking at a lot of posts in the past about exhaust systems and it seems like a lot of people like the MAC setup. Recently an ebay dealer quoted me $845 (shipped) for LT headers, prochamber, and cat-back exhaust all from MAC. The problem is I am not to familar with this brand, what kind of quality can i expect? I like the deep rumble sounding exhausts, not the raspy ones (no offense to anyone), can I expect that from this setup? Or does anyone else have any other exhaust solutions that are better/cheaper? I just got my mustang and I am a poor college student, so I would prefer cheap!!

ALSO how fun is it to put LT headers on a 99-04 mustang ??

THANKS GUYS!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

www.mustangexhaust.com

check out the mac section under H and X pipes. that is basically the same setup im doing.

mac flowpaths / offroad prochamber or hpipe (havent decided yet) / mac lt headers

on the sn parts site you'd be looking at $805 + ship from a trusted site over eBay. good luck on the purchase

putting any headers on a newer mustang isn't exactly a walk in the park, so plan a day for it...

Personally I don't like the way that MAC sounds, but it's all personal opinion, you really should go to a mustang shop or a show or track day and listen to what different setups sound like, find one that you like, and the guy will be more than happy to tell you what he's running and you can duplicate it. If you just buy a setup and install it, you're pretty much stuck with what you've got (or you're out the cost of the system and have to replace it).