Im selling the Boyds on Ebay and bought some HRE'S

• Sponsors (?)

i use pirreli p zero corsa's, not for autocross though. i am not really into autocross, but i do really like them. any r compound tire is not great for daily driving, but once you heat them up you will never go back to a regular tire.

donkey_punch said:
i would just like to rant alittle. if you bought the HRE 540 or 540R. i hate you. that is all.
I did order the 540's do you hate me? I saved up all year for these and came in at $6,200 shipped to my door (expensive as hell) but it's going to be Five weeks before i see them...no one wants my wheels? only 1 bid on Ebay, i paid $2,600 for those boyds and are the billet aluminum NOT the cheap cast wheels. Will post pics of the HRE's as soon as they come in :banana: :banana: :banana:

They look like this................

mustang_001r.jpg

You are now the only other person I know with HRE's on a Mustang! I once saw a white vert in 5.0 about 4 years ago with them on the car, but that's about it. I love mine...they were a splurge, but it's cool having stuff on your car that virtually no one else has!:nice:

Few things. The larger the rim, the worse off you're going to be in an autocross. I'm not saying go with something rediculously small, but an 18 inch rim isn't a good bet for autox cuz they're big heavy rims. On top of that the rears are wider than the fronts which will cause you to understeer since the rear has more grip. Unless you're damn good at throttle steering or you know how to set up your suspension to rotate through the turns, you're going to be sorta slow. On top of that, its not wise to use $3000 rims to autocross. There are things on the course like loose gravel, stones, rocks sometimes, or even curbs close to the course you might spin out into. Thats a risk im not willing to take with rims of that price.

I am not sure what you're looking for in tires. Do you want a tire you'll be able to drive to the course and race on or a competition tire you want to be able to swap out for racing? For daily AND racing the Nitto's are a good choice as well as the new Falken Azenis. If you would like some nice race tires for autocross, the Khumo Ecsta V710 victoracers are a great starter slick.

I personally have a set of 16 inch stock GT wheels i swap on with a set of Hoosiers for autocross.