Im supercharging the stang...

• Sponsors (?)

BuffaloZone said:
I have a "sense" :rolleyes: of humor, but if you think "Down Syndrome" is *funny* then you must really be desperate. :rlaugh: What's next on your "humor" list - NYC firefighters in the ICU? :nono:

I'm not going there! My step father is an Inspector for NYPD lower manhatten and still isn't over that yet.

And I did not make those pics, merely copied them from SN after they were posted before....

droptopponynj said:
I'm not going there! My step father is an Inspector for NYPD lower manhatten and still isn't over that yet.

And I did not make those pics, merely copied them from SN after they were posted before....

Nice to know that your "humor" has limits, but I guess it never occured to you that other mustang owners and members may have step fathers and other family members that drowned just a short time ago? I wouldn't care who made the photos, I'd just wonder which ones thought it was a real hoot to pass around the photos of the suffering and dying people...just to laugh about their problems. You wouldn't post photos of dead or wounded US soldiers and think it was funny would you?

And here's one more vote for KB...
:)

Everyone has a different sense of humor. I'm not too concerned about if that picture will offend someone else. You see, in nature there are forces that act to keep a natural homeostasis, or balance if you will, to everything. So there are people like me, that lmao at things that most people find offensive, and there are people like you, that take offense to some of those things. It's a balance. It's OK not to like something or to find it offensive, but just don't try to make me feel bad for laughing at it because I don't care.
BTW, this was not meant to be offensive.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Everyone has a different sense of humor. I'm not too concerned about if that picture will offend someone else. You see, in nature there are forces that act to keep a natural homeostasis, or balance if you will, to everything. So there are people like me, that lmao at things that most people find offensive, and there are people like you, that take offense to some of those things. It's a balance. It's OK not to like something or to find it offensive, but just don't try to make me feel bad for laughing at it because I don't care.
BTW, this was not meant to be offensive.[/QUOTE]

How you guys doing with those hurricanes down there? Just curious... :flag:

Everyone should have their own opinions... :shrug:

If you look at that guys feedback, the best comment I think is "This is a supercharger? It's a crappy electric motor inside a gerbil cage."

Think about this, it provides probably more airflow at idle, but when you're WOT, you're sucking far more air than that thing could possibly move, so all it probably does is get in the way. But you probably have like 1 more crank HP at idle.

A better idea would be finding a high power shop-vac motor, and somehow rigging that up to run full speed on 12v dc.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Everyone has a different sense of humor. I'm not too concerned about if that picture will offend someone else. You see, in nature there are forces that act to keep a natural homeostasis, or balance if you will, to everything. So there are people like me, that lmao at things that most people find offensive, and there are people like you, that take offense to some of those things. It's a balance. It's OK not to like something or to find it offensive, but just don't try to make me feel bad for laughing at it because I don't care.
BTW, this was not meant to be offensive.[/QUOTE]

And this isn't meant to be offensive, but I'm just curious why you think it is okay to lyao at human tragedy without "feeling bad" of course. Let's pretend that you forgot to tighten the lug nuts on your mother's car and she had a real nasty wreck with you in the car. You were fine, but she took a header through the windshield. If I drove by I would expect to see you laughing your a** off, of course, since you don't feel bad about "nature" keeping the numbers balanced with tragic events. Right?

:shrug:

BuffaloZone said:
And this isn't meant to be offensive, but I'm just curious why you think it is okay to lyao at human tragedy without "feeling bad" of course. Let's pretend that you forgot to tighten the lug nuts on your mother's car and she had a real nasty wreck with you in the car. You were fine, but she took a header through the windshield. If I drove by I would expect to see you laughing your a** off, of course, since you don't feel bad about "nature" keeping the numbers balanced with tragic events. Right?

:shrug:

I guess what I meant was that yes sometimes human tragedy to me, and others, is funny. If it was to involve me personally, of course I wouldn't laugh at it, but I wouldn't bother to tell someone else not to laugh. Nice try with bringing my mother into the discussion. If that was a picture of your mother floating by David Hasslehoff then, even though I would still probably lmao, after being informed that it was your mother in the picture, I would write "sorry dude that sucks" and feel bad for you. Was the picture funny, yes. Would I have felt sorry for you and your loss, yes. But I didn't know anyone involved in those floods so I laughed at that picture and I don't feel bad about it. I wouldn't stand at the floodwaters and watch people go by and laugh at them.
Ok I'm tired of trying to explain this. You win. It's not funny.

"How you guys doing with those hurricanes down there? Just curious... "

I'm near Tampa and we haven't been affected too much this year. Just some bigger waves to have fun with. Thanks for your concern. :nice:

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]I guess what I meant was that yes sometimes human tragedy to me, and others, is funny. If it was to involve me personally, of course I wouldn't laugh at it, but I wouldn't bother to tell someone else not to laugh. Nice try with bringing my mother into the discussion. If that was a picture of your mother floating by David Hasslehoff then, even though I would still probably lmao, after being informed that it was your mother in the picture, I would write "sorry dude that sucks" and feel bad for you. Was the picture funny, yes. Would I have felt sorry for you and your loss, yes. But I didn't know anyone involved in those floods so I laughed at that picture and I don't feel bad about it. I wouldn't stand at the floodwaters and watch people go by and laugh at them.
Ok I'm tired of trying to explain this. You win. It's not funny.

"How you guys doing with those hurricanes down there? Just curious... "

I'm near Tampa and we haven't been affected too much this year. Just some bigger waves to have fun with. Thanks for your concern. :nice:[/QUOTE]

Glad that you clarified yourself and explained that if it doesn't involve you personally then it can be considered a laughing matter for you. I guess it is safe to assume that you would lyao at all the "skinny people" from Hitler's *death* camps...since you didn't know those people personally.

:jaw:

No hard feelings, BTW...

Who gives a rat’s ass!?! It's not like it's the first time someone's made a joke out of human tragedy. Give it time and everyone with think its funny.....even the Sept 11th stuff will blow over in time. You don't see anyone loosing their head over "Titanic" jokes or "WW I, II, or Vietnam Jokes" anymore. Does that make them any less tragic? Suck it up and laugh along with the rest of us.

BTW, the Hasselhoff pick kills me. :rlaugh: You want to feel bad for the people in the background, but you just can't. It's natural selection at it's peek. :nonono:

Gearbanger 101 said:
Who gives a rat’s ass!?!

People that don't get tickled when people die?

It's not like it's the first time someone's made a joke out of human tragedy. Give it time and everyone with think its funny.....even the Sept 11th stuff will blow over in time.

I (probably along with a few million other folks) will never think that human tragedy is funny stuff.

You don't see anyone loosing their head over "Titanic" jokes or "WW I, II, or Vietnam Jokes" anymore.

I still see people talking about WWII death camps and all the dead soldiers...and I see people getting upset about how "Agent Orange" is still messing up newborn babies, but I haven't seen people laughing about it.

Does that make them any less tragic?

Only to people that have human compassion?

Suck it up and laugh along with the rest of us.

I wouldn't even consider it. :)

BTW, the Hasselhoff pick kills me. :rlaugh: You want to feel bad for the people in the background, but you just can't. It's natural selection at it's peek. :nonono:

I can feel bad for them, but if someone cut off your best friend's head and took a clever pic of it you'd think it was just sweet natural selection at its peak ...correct?

:notnice:

Just by chance....do you have an ulcer? Because you take this stuff waaaaay to seriously. Especially for an internet forum. It's obvious that you're a religious buff based on your avatar and that's your choice, but don't smite the rest of us for getting a good laugh out of it.

And there's a difference between watching my friend have his head cut off and the picture above. They weren't held against their will, murdered, or forced to stay where they were. They were given every opportunity and aid to leave ground zero and sheer ignorance and pride kept them from doing it. Well....that same ignorance and pride is what brought their demise too. So no, I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who values that alone, over their own life.....and the lives of others who now have to go in after them and wrisk their own lives and safety to save theirs!!!

No...you'll get no sympathy from me, my friend! :mad:

Gearbanger 101 said:
Just by chance....do you have an ulcer? Because you take this stuff waaaaay to seriously. Especially for an internet forum.

Nice excuse for you saying that death can/should be consider funny.

It's obvious that you're a religious buff based on your avatar and that's your choice

And you're not?

but don't smite the rest of us for getting a good laugh out of it.

Because you need to smite me for not "laughing with the rest of us"?

And there's a difference between watching my friend have his head cut off and the picture above.

But you weren't so selective when you basically claimed that *all* human tragedy can be giggled at...if you just give enough time. Correct?

They weren't held against their will, murdered, or forced to stay where they were. They were given every opportunity and aid to leave ground zero and sheer ignorance and pride kept them from doing it. Well....that same ignorance and pride is what brought their demise too. So no, I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who values that alone, over their own life.....and the lives of others who now have to go in after them and wrisk their own lives and safety to save theirs!!!
No...you'll get no sympathy from me, my friend! :mad:

That evasion doesn't mean much coming from you after you already said:

"It's not like it's the first time someone's made a joke out of human tragedy. Give it time and everyone with think its funny.....even the Sept 11th stuff will blow over in time. You don't see anyone loosing their head over 'Titanic' jokes or 'WW I, II, or Vietnam Jokes' anymore."

What choice did they have?
And I'm not your friend, pal. :fuss:

BuffaloZone said:
Nice excuse for you saying that death can/should be consider funny.
Not an excuse...just an observation. You're freaking out over a couple of funny pictures. You're the minority on this one, so don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. If you don't think it's funny, that's up to you. But there's nothing wrong with the rest of us for laughing at it. Since you're the only one who didn't....did you ever consider that you were the one with the problem?
BuffaloZone said:
And you're not?
Not particularly. I believe there is a higher power out there, but I don't spend my days worshiping it, or dwelling over it. I just live my life the way it's been laid out for me and don't question it.
BuffaloZone said:
Because you need to smite me for not "laughing with the rest of us"?
Nope....I wasn't the one doing the ridiculing, you were. I could really care less what you think of them, nor do I criticize or talk down to you because of your beliefs. Your beliefs are your beliefs and you're entitled to them and if those pictures put a cramp in your balloon knot, so be it. But brood about it to yourself, because nobody else cares.
BuffaloZone said:
But you weren't so selective when you basically claimed that *all* human tragedy can be giggled at...if you just give enough time. Correct?
You're taking it out of context. I have no life line or personal connection to any of these people and it's therefore a much different situation than the death of someone close to me. Yes, I can recognize a tragedy when I see one. I'll also morn for those individuals involved that were victimized and had no control over it. But in the same instance, I'll get over it and try to make light of it, the same as anyone would. You can't live your life in the dark and in mourning, or it will consume you. That's why there are always going to be tasteless jokes to break up the tension and why there are always going to be people like me to laugh at them.
BuffaloZone said:
That evasion doesn't mean much coming from you after you already said:

"It's not like it's the first time someone's made a joke out of human tragedy. Give it time and everyone with think its funny.....even the Sept 11th stuff will blow over in time. You don't see anyone loosing their head over 'Titanic' jokes or 'WW I, II, or Vietnam Jokes' anymore."

What choice did they have?
Again, you're trying to turn it around. All individuals who fought and died during a war did it not for their own selfish reasons, but for a noble cause. They weren't thinking of themselves when they left their loved ones to fight, they were thinking of them. As far as September 11th goes...none of the victims had a choice. They were "victims of circumstance". The people who chose to stay in harms way during the hurricanes after the warnings, after the evacuations and after all help was offered, were "victims by choice".......there's a big difference!!!
BuffaloZone said:
And I'm not your friend, pal. :fuss:
That's too bad.......cause I want to be yours. :)