Im supercharging the stang...

Gearbanger, you need to just give up on this guy. He's not ready to understand that just because he disagree's with something doesn't mean that it wrong. Like you said, going by the avatar, he may be a very religious person. In my experiences these types of people tend to believe that they are right, they are going to heaven, and other religions are wrong, other beliefs are wrong. So call it a day. I laughed, you laughed, many others laughed and some probably were offended. Let's leave it at that.
Sorry to hijack the thread. Let us know how the leaf blower works out for you. A dyno graph with the blower would be sweet.

• Sponsors (?)

wambulance.jpg

Gearbanger 101 said:
Not an excuse...just an observation. You're freaking out over a couple of funny pictures.

You're the one freaking out about something that you don't give a "rat's ass" about. Appears that you do care...or you wouldn't be making excuses and showcasing your double-standards. You claim that your "friend" didn't have a choice so the friend earns sympathy...and the flood folks did have a choice so it must have served them right and they deserve to be laughed at. But you start off by saying that the (no choice) 911 victims and war deaths need to be laughed at since time makes all human tragedy funny. Yes?

You're the minority on this one, so don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. If you don't think it's funny, that's up to you.

And I sure am proud of that fact.

But there's nothing wrong with the rest of us for laughing at it. Since you're the only one who didn't....did you ever consider that you were the one with the problem?

You don't spend too much time in church I trust.

Nope....I wasn't the one doing the ridiculing, you were.

Nope...I was *asking* and trying to understand how some people can laugh at dead people. Probably the same laughing boys that would cry their eyes out if they found a dent in their door.

I could really care less what you think of them, nor do I criticize or talk down to you because of your beliefs.

If that is the truth...then why did you tell me to change my mind and get in the laughing line and start "laughing with the rest of us"?

Your beliefs are your beliefs and you're entitled to them and if those pictures put a cramp in your balloon not, so be it. But brood about it to yourself, because nobody else cares.

If you really *didn't* care then why are you not brooding "to yourself"?

You're taking it out of context. I have no life line or personal connection to any of these people and it's therefore a much different situation that the death of someone close to me. Yes, I can recognize a tragedy when I see one. I'll also morn for those individuals involved that were victimized and had no control over it.

You just contradicted yourself again. You said:

"It's not like it's the first time someone's made a joke out of human tragedy. Give it time and everyone with think its funny.....even the Sept 11th stuff will blow over in time. You don't see anyone loosing their head over 'Titanic' jokes or 'WW I, II, or Vietnam Jokes' anymore."

But now you say:

"I'll also morn for those individuals involved that were victimized and had no control over it."

What "control over it" did the 911 victims and war dead have? You think they had a choice to Die in the buildings, camps and in the battles...or did you think they all had the option to get their grooves on at the beaches in Rio?

But in the same instance, I'll get over it and try to make light of it, the same as anyone would. You can't live your life in the dark and in mourning, or it will consume you. That's why there are always going to be tasteless jokes to break up the tension

Keyword = "tasteless"

and why there are always going to be people like me to laugh at them.

And there will always be people that refuse to laugh at pain, tragedy and death no matter how many other people crack out their "tasteless jokes" about it.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Gearbanger, you need to just give up on this guy. He's not ready to understand that just because he disagree's with something doesn't mean that it wrong. Like you said, going by the avatar, he may be a very religious person. In my experiences these types of people tend to believe that they are right, they are going to heaven, and other religions are wrong, other beliefs are wrong. So call it a day. I laughed, you laughed, many others laughed and some probably were offended. Let's leave it at that.
Sorry to hijack the thread. Let us know how the leaf blower works out for you. A dyno graph with the blower would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that all of your...

"He's not ready to understand that just because he disagree's with something doesn't mean that it wrong" and "In my experiences these types of people tend to believe that they are right, they are going to heaven, and other religions are wrong, other beliefs are wrong"

...stuff that you said about me can also be wept about Gearbanger, Right?

:p

Gearbanger 101 said:
It's pretty inventive the way you twist my statements around. Kind of remenicent of EddieHasskell to be honest. Maybe you're on the wrong forum? Try www.imareligioushypocrite.com You may find more of an audience full of people like yourself that are willing to feel sorry for you.

Evasion is noted - how can your own direct quotes be a twist?

Hypocrite, what part of...

<<<"It's not like it's the first time someone's made a joke out of human tragedy. Give it time and everyone with think its funny.....even the Sept 11th stuff will blow over in time. You don't see anyone loosing their head over 'Titanic' jokes or 'WW I, II, or Vietnam Jokes' anymore."

But now you say:

"I'll also morn for those individuals involved that were victimized and had no control over it.">>>

...are you in denial of?

What "control over it" did the 911 victims and war dead have? You think they had a choice to Die in the buildings, camps and in the battles...or did you think they all had the option to play golf and eat cotton candy instead?

Gearbanger 101 said:
Not at all Jimmy. The difference is, is that you ridiculed people for laughing at it. I only told you to lighten up. You added gasoline, while I tried to make light of it.....big difference.
smooch.gif

You ridiculed me for refusing to laugh along with the gang and you hoped to downplay it by trying to convince me that *time* can turn all death and pain into really clever "tastless jokes". I refuse to make light of death and suffering...big difference. :shrug:

You're missing the point.....again!?!

Everyone mourns tragedy initially. Something awful happens and you feel bad about it, that's how it works, its human nature. But eventually, all tragedies end up the butt of some joke one way or another….because that’s human nature too. It doesn't make it any less terrible, nor does it mean that the person making the joke felt any better, or worse about it that the person who’s still clinging to it. It's how people get over things, maybe you should try it. You have to turn the other cheek and laugh, or you end up......well....bitching about it on an internet forum with a Televangelist for an Avatar! You show me a person who's never laughed at an off colour joke and i'll show you a liar!!! If that's too much for you to take, maybe you should seclude yourself from society, because Jimmy ma boy….life is unfair and people are cruel. Deal with it!

I'm glad I ducked out of this one :)

Now about that blower thingy, does it say what MPH the air is being generated? To match that leaf blower in the video it would have to generate wind speeds up to 200 mph, that being the avg of a good gas blower...I dont se it being possible but just the pics of you having it on your car will be worth it...

Gearbanger 101 said:
You're missing the point.....again!?!

The point where you contradict yourself and then try to backpedal away and make excuses?

Everyone mourns tragedy initially. Something awful happens and you feel bad about it, that's how it works, its human nature. But eventually, all tragedies end up the butt of some joke one way or another….

By people that get their jollies in a "tasteless" manner?

because that’s human nature too. It doesn't make it any less terrible, nor does it mean that the person making the joke felt any better, or worse about it that the person who’s still clinging to it. It's how people get over things, maybe you should try it.

I'm glad that I refuse to "get over things" by saying stuff like:

"A funny thing happened to me on the way to the drive-by shooting..."

You have to turn the other cheek and laugh

No, hypocrite, I don't have to laugh...no more than you have to show compassion for the misery of others.

or you end up......well....bitching about it on an internet forum

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You show me a person who's never laughed at an off colour joke and i'll show you a liar!!!

Would it froth you up if you found out that the Pope never laughed at a gas chamber joke?

Jimmy ma boy…

I'm not your boy. Thank you, God.

life is unfair and people are cruel.

When "tasteless" people make fun of flood victims...when it happened such a short "time" ago?

Deal with it!

Deal with it!

:cheers:

tomustang said:
BuffaloZone - Stop ripping apart people's posts or i'll have you removed from here. This thread is about superchargers, NOT firefighters OR the effects of 9/11.

So...you'll let others do the ripping (the ones that STARTED with the "retarded" Down Syndrome photo) as they're telling the ripped to fall in line like a good little stanger, but you won't permit the ripped to rip back? Sounds about right...since the NYC firefighters comment earned a big drool.

And since this is about superchargers, I just got a call from a girl at Kenne Bell...and they said my SC and other goodies was shipped yesterday!

:banana:

BTW...you're more than welcome to ban me if I had an opinion and said something that you're unable to handle.

:nice:

BuffaloZone said:
So...you'll let others do the ripping (the ones that STARTED with the "retarded" Down Syndrome photo) as they're telling the ripped to fall in line like a good little stanger, but you won't permit the ripped to rip back? Sounds about right...since the NYC firefighters comment earned a big drool.

And since this is about superchargers, I just got a call from a girl at Kenne Bell...and they said my SC and other goodies was shipped yesterday!

:banana:

BTW...you're more than welcome to ban me if I had an opinion and said something that you're unable to handle.

:nice:
The whole point is that you hid behind NYC firefighters in a 'duel' between other members. I don't appreatiate any fighting, this is a tech forum, not a smack site.

tomustang said:
The whole point is that you hid behind NYC firefighters in a 'duel' between other members. I don't appreatiate any fighting, this is a tech forum, not a smack site.

Thanks for speaking for me, but I didn't "hide" behind anything - I just *asked* people why/how they could laugh and make jokes. You drooled about the firefighters...and I still can't understand why you would want to do that, but others refused to "go there" thus proving that humor may have its limits for them, while others thought it was fine. Oh well. I might not appreciate smack sites any more than any other member on this board, but I don't expect that I'll ever change my opinions or lay down just because others want me to join their club and I don't expect them to change their opinions either. You might just want to go ahead and ban me if you still can't accept that. I won't hold it against you.

:cheers:

i've actually seen an electric leaf blower on a 5.0 mustang. i think it was in mmff last year. i dont remember the numbers though it wasnt alot. and for the all the other stuff buffalo go get a whamburger and some french cries.