Roush I'm sure you guys seen these, but nobody mentioned them yet

LOL.

1. You should go out and start your own thread with your own opinions and then answer all of them yourself.

2. DON'T come in here bashing Todd.

3. Coming in here on your day off in our 2 week old thread and posting your opinions just proves one thing. Reminding everyone here why a lot of people don't like you. lol.

Pull out your reading glasses. I never said that ALL of the Sterns that came from Saleen Performance Parts were the same wheels. :D

Agreed. I was mixing up another "poop" set of wheels with "BIN".

As far as having a few sets of wheels as garage ornaments is none of your business. I actually give stuff away to people who need it. I have never sold a set of 3 piece Stern wheels on Ebay. My brother did "give away" a one piece set of wheels to a fellow that were never advertised as a Saleen Spyder wheel. lol The fellow who bought them may have used that in his description during his sale but we did not.

You sound like you want to be the Saleen Wheel Police. Who cares if a guy with a foxbody Saleen wants to put a different wheel on it other than what it came with?

Maybe you are over here because your club website gets a total of 2 hits a week.

You are way out numbered.

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing that gets me is the issue with the lip. I realize that the SA-10 and SC used the flat lip but since Saleen sold BOTH lip designs, in my opinion both lip designs are acceptable as Saleen offered 3 piece STERN wheels. The curled lip design is in the catalog advertising photos with the red SC car. Just my opinion but what do I know anyway.

The only thing that gets me is the issue with the lip. I realize that the SA-10 and SC used the flat lip but since Saleen sold BOTH lip designs, in my opinion both lip designs are acceptable as Saleen offered 3 piece STERN wheels. The curled lip design is in the catalog advertising photos with the red SC car. Just my opinion but what do I know anyway.

George,

Don't dis-credit yourself not even one bit. You know more about these wheels than most guys. You have a beautiful set of wheels. One, Andy knows what's up and you got a great deal. Two, if they didn't come from Andy and they were originally here in the states, your set on your car very well could have come right out of the Saleen Performance Parts catalog back in the day. Since they are the correct sizes who cares anyway. They are correct wheels for the application and what Steve ordered when the other lip wheels were not.

For everyone else,

The point I was trying to get across was that Saleen guys that pay big money out there for SA-10 wheels ( or to be more specific ) the exact specs for the SA-10 wheels want what they want. Just like MetalCop said, a perfect set they can bolt right on their car. You get what you pay for. It's just supply and demand.

The best part about what this guy said here is that I have

( ... a self-serving agenda ) LOl. He doesn't even know me.

The curled lip was also installed on the updated black '91 used for the 1993/1994 Car and Driver shootout.

LOL.
1. You should go out and start your own thread with your own opinions and then answer all of them yourself.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll pass.

2. DON'T come in here bashing Todd.

Todd rapes the Saleen community daily. He uses shrill bidders and solicits his merchandise to participants in other auctions. It's been documented. Crap... he's even done it to me. "I have blah blah blah... I will be posting an auction for it." He and "masterpiecepumpkins" are sordid.

A group of Todd’s previous customers that would like to shove a pitchfork up his a$$.

It's okay that you support Todd.

3. Coming in here on your day off in our 2 week old thread and posting your opinions just proves one thing. Reminding everyone here why a lot of people don't like you. lol.

I'm not around to make friends... or to tiptoe around folks like you. Popularity is for those who are insecure.

I'm also not around to create an artificial frenzy in Saleen parts and/or vehicles that happen to be in my possession. Like some others.

My brother did "give away" a one piece set of wheels to a fellow that were never advertised as a Saleen Spyder wheel. lol The fellow who bought them may have used that in his description during his sale but we did not.

Some will dispute this.

Who cares if a guy with a foxbody Saleen wants to put a different wheel on it other than what it came with?

That's the point I was making. Thanks for seeing it my way.

Maybe you are over here because your club website gets a total of 2 hits a week.

Two... or 5,000 a month. Same difference.

Happy Holidays!

You are way out numbered.

Eh, whatever. Sometimes the "bully" gets his clock cleaned. Maybe you're overdue.
5.jpg

I'm done with this thread. :nice:

LMFAO

No sense in using all of the quotes to respond to the likes of you. lol

It appears from everything you know about me you must be in love.

That would be me in the picture on the left. Come on out and clean my clock.

Everything else you post just sounds like words from a woman scorned.

Lol.

My buddy davidj brings up some good points about eBay. It's obvious he's passionate about the topic -- I know I am. As a fairly frequent eBay peruser, I look at auctions like the ones below and I find them incredibly disturbing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370005795987

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260192046933

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300175731556

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300173463433

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300154629068

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260194870104

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300150624742

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300161885313

These auctions for "NOS" or "Rare" or "Hard to Find" or "Obsolete" or "Limited Production" items are really readily-available for those who frequented The Saleen Store, or knew enough to make a phone call and order directly from Saleen or a Saleen Dealer.

It seems obvious that these auctions are being bid on by apparent newbies to the hobby. I think it's shame that someone with enthusiasm for Saleens should be taken advantage of by such opportunists. It's like saying "Welcome to the Saleen hobby -- want to pay $46 for a $5 license plate frame -- how many would you like? Or do you want to pay $152 for an $50 book that you could get directly from Saleen? $152.50 for an $80 jacket -- never mind a $250-plus auction or two I saw last summer these same $80 jackets. How about $20 for a spec sheet that's free from a Saleen dealer? Or even $26 for a $10 poster?"

What's probably worse than these opportunists are the people who defend them, or those who might even participate as pole bidders in their private auctions.

Granted, not every saleendreamforever (aka Todd) or masterpiecepumpkin auction is a cash cow for readily available items, but I know I've seen too many of saleendreamforever's to think he's little more than an opportunist taking advantage of unsuspecting buyers so he can afford to take his wife out to dinner. And granted, he does have some rare items from time to time, but the preponderance of his cash cows are off-the-shelf that he got at the Saleen Store.

It's almost like the wheel issue -- saying they are "the" wheel when they're one of several correct wheels.

Sure, it's buyer beware on eBay -- and everywhere else for that matter, but I'd sure like to see fewer of these types of auctions... it's not good for buyers, and it's not good for the hobby. I'm not sure I care a hoot about the sellers.

For those of you who aren't sure what the "going rate" is on eBay for an item, here's a tip: when doing a search, also do a separate search while checking the "Completed listings" box on the search panel.

Or if in doubt, contact your local Saleen retailer, or even Saleen directly (saleen.com or 800-888-8945) and I'm sure they'll be glad to sell it to you -- just wait until January 2 as they're closed for the holidays.

You can also visit this temporary website at Saleen to see the many accessory items they currently sell: http://www.saleen.com/saleenCreditRedemption.htm

Just because an infamous con-man said that there's a sucker born every minute doesn't mean you have to take advantage of them.

Well, first i'd like to say that i'm not a seller of any saleen ebay stuff.
But, if you are so ignorant that you only look on ebay for something you want, i kinda feel like you get what you deserve.
The license plate frames are hilarious.

I'm guessing by "shrill" bidders, you guys mean proxy bidding where somebody bids the price up for you, which works when there is a minimal amount of people interested, but the ones that are, are very interested. Now that would just be wrong, and you can get your ebay account suspended for it.
I sell everything no reserve, wherever the price goes, it goes. And IMO you set it no reserve and leave something alone, the price goes up faster anyway, because everyone feels they have a shot at it.
Example, the last set of sterns, BIN was $1850, if he wants that, why bother bidding, reserve had to be at least $1200, and i'm not into that guessing game of meeting the reserve.

Just to be a PITA, the correct term is 'shill' bidder, not shrill or shell. This is someone who works in collusion with the seller, bidding up an item, so legitimate bidders will up their bids, in an attempt to win the auction. Ebay is somewhat successful at ferreting out these shills, as it is fairly obvious when you have the same people bidding on the same sellers auctions, but never actually winning anything, or retracting their bids, same IP address etc. I have purchase a lot of thing from ebay, over the years, but it is a cesspool and the buyer must beware!

Just to be a PITA, the correct term is 'shill' bidder, not shrill or shell. This is someone who works in collusion with the seller, bidding up an item, so legitimate bidders will up their bids, in an attempt to win the auction. Ebay is somewhat successful at ferreting out these shills, as it is fairly obvious when you have the same people bidding on the same sellers auctions, but never actually winning anything, or retracting their bids, same IP address etc. I have purchase a lot of thing from ebay, over the years, but it is a cesspool and the buyer must beware!

Interesting observation, Metalcop... you'll note that some eBay auctioners (not to name names) consistently set their lucrative auctions to the "User ID kept private" setting so that nobody can see who is bidding... I wonder... I wonder... could it be???

Interesting observation, Metalcop... you'll note that some eBay auctioners (not to name names) consistently set their lucrative auctions to the "User ID kept private" setting so that nobody can see who is bidding... I wonder... I wonder... could it be???

Yes, but 'Big Brother' (eBay) always knows. They supposedly check for patterns such as these, using sophisticated computer programming and searching functions. I don't know if that is true or not. I am sure that the buyers and sellers would be much more observant in catching these disreputable tactics, but now we have the prevalence of the private auction. Yet another great idea by eBay. The private auction should be done away with, the more things that are kept out in the open, the more honest they are. Oh well. I wish that I had the capital and foresight to buy up a bunch of inexpensive Saleen gear and sell it for huge profits!? :nonono: