IMCO Mufflers

87_stang

Dec 12, 2005
Tonganoxie, KS
Has anyone every ran these before? I went to talk to an exhaustshop to get some exhaust put on my car being I have strightpipes all the way back right now. Thats is how it was when I got the car a few weeks ago. And told him I wanted a set of of Flowmasters put on and got a price of $135 per side from another shop. He said he can do the Flow's but he also had in stock some IMCO's, which he said Flowmaster lost the patent on the 40 series so IMCO came out with an identical muffler as the 40 series, we help up one of each and shined a light down each and of each muffler andfrom all I cansee, theyare identicle. Then we went out and he fired up his truck which he had these on (F-150) and it souunded awesome. So it goes in Tuesday and I am getting two IMCO's and installation, including a little pipe fabricating since the straight pipes were custom made and all for $125:nice: The mufflers were like $35-37 each. So, just wanted to let you all know that way if someone is needing exhaust and is on a tight budget.

• Sponsors (?)

They might be similar to those Force mufflers I've seen for sale through Summit Racing. Same delta-flow design as Flows, but dirt-cheap price by comparison. If Flowmaster's patent has run its course, then yeah, those IMCO's are probably just knock-offs; Pypes had some Flow knock-offs, too, but I dunno if they stopped selling those for patent reasons or if they just weren't selling well.

Flows ain't my bag, but if you gotta have 'em, I'd say that'd be the best way to go.

Yeah, he says they lost the patent or something and they are exactly the same. I figure in the next year or so I will probably change it all anyways so I cant really go wrong for now with them. I'll let you all know how they actually sound on the car Tuseday night.