Import Enthusiast About To Buy A 2015!

ImportMuscle

Dec 8, 2014
NY
Hi guys!

I currently own a 2011 STI with intake/header/turbo back/tune and am in the process of picking out a 2015 Mustang.

I don't know much about the Mustang, aside from car reviews and spec sheets, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm deciding between the ecoboost and the GT. The Ecoboost appeals to me because having owned both a WRX and an STI, I'm pretty comfortable with 4 cylinder turbo cars, and having factory forged internals and direct injection already in place is pretty much an enthusiast's dream. It's just asking for a bigger turbo (assuming the fueling system is sufficient), with which it could easily compete with the GT in terms of power.

However, I feel that many purists consider the GT the true Mustang and I've never had a V8 RWD car before, so I'm very curious about the driving experience.

I'm also really excited that the 2015 can basically handle just as well as the STI.

With that said, how much power potential do you guys think the Ecoboost has compared to the GT? Is the coyote engine fully forged, or just crank and rods?

How safely can these cars be moded? I come from the Subaru scene where one has to think twice about modding because of the infamous ringland issue, which is the main reason I didn't continue modding my STI past bolt-ons and a tune.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks!

That's great news, I'm getting excited already! :)

One question: What shops do you recommend in the NY, north NJ area? I know there's Mustang Magic, but are there any other outstanding ones? Thanks!

We have 3 5.0L cars and 2 2.3L's up at our work. All of them are a blast to drive and make great power! If you have any questions or need anything just shoot me a message.

Reactions: 1 user
As stated above, the 2015 platform is a blast to drive and either direction you can't go wrong. The eco boost is proving to be a potent little motor but the 5.0 coyote is tried and true. On 11 lbs of boost and sporting only a cat back my 2015 layed down 646 rwhp through the factory automatic. It's enough to roast the 20" tires from a 60mph roll. The car will hit the road course Dec 27th so look for reviews to follow after that as far as handling goes. Either choice you make.. Welcome aboard

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the replies, very excited now! I just came back from the dealership and I'm thinking ecoboost with an eventual turbo swap.

How big is the fueling system? I couldn't find any info on the injectors and fuel pump for the ecoboost.

Thanks for the replies, very excited now! I just came back from the dealership and I'm thinking ecoboost with an eventual turbo swap.

How big is the fueling system? I couldn't find any info on the injectors and fuel pump for the ecoboost.
The biggest hurdle at this point is tuning around the torque management. You can add boost and the factory ecu limits the torque output and you see no hp gain. SCT is close on having this figured out and after that the sky will be the limit. The factory fuel system with a boost a pump should support very considerable hp gains

The biggest hurdle at this point is tuning around the torque management. You can add boost and the factory ecu limits the torque output and you see no hp gain. SCT is close on having this figured out and after that the sky will be the limit. The factory fuel system with a boost a pump should support very considerable hp gains
So I actually went to the dealership again today and drove the GT around for a bit and the difference in power is definitely considerable. I was a bit disappointed that the front of the car does feel heavier, making it feel less nimble than the ecoboost, however I only had the suspension set on "normal".

The GT I test drove was an auto GT and I was a bit surprised that the power came on in spurts, almost felt a bit like boost or vtech. Maybe it was because I wasn't using the paddle shifters?

I think I might just go for the GT and leave it stock...at least for a while, to avoid voiding the warranty so early on lol.

Glad to hear that another import enthusiasts is coming to the dark side.

I myself just traded in my 2010 mazdaspeed3 fully moded car. It had everything done to a gtx 3071 under the hood.

I love the big V8. I will never go back.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

I myself just traded in my 2010 mazdaspeed3 fully moded car. It had everything done to a gtx 3071 under the hood.

I decided to go with the 2015 GT and should be taking delivery in a few weeks. How does the GT compare to your gtx 3071 build? I'd imagine your speed3 was probably making around 450whp?

It was making 400hp. The 5.0 still feels better. I like it that I don't have front wheel drive torque steer anymore.

Haha, I've never really had to experience torque steer with all the subarus I've owned, but I do look forward to driving a car that has power throughout the powerband and always on tap and the ability to do the occassional power oversteer, plus ~380whp put through a good factory suspension setup, all with a warranty, is pretty sweet too! [emoji4]

I'm excited!

I'd say he is finally coming to the light and getting a motor WITH SOME BALLS lol